Forum          FAQ

Board index » General Discussions » Gaming

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: HWiNFO64 monitors everything you can imagine!
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:09 am 

You should check this out! I have not posted here in a while but I had to share this seriously sweet find!!! I did a search in the forums here but I did not see anything about HWiNFO64.

Anybody else using this?

I recently came across this awesome piece of software that any gamer or overClocker wanting to monitor their system would dig. It is doubly goodness when paired with AfterBurner.

I was having problems playing Mass Effect 1 on my system and I thought it might have been a memory leak. It would run fine for about an hour and 15 mins. then the audio would start to crack along with stuttering. It would get progressively worse until it would ultimately crash. I wanted to check how my memory was being utilized (system and GPU). It was kind of a hemorrhoid to check while playing, like having to setup logs and such.

Then I found HWiNFO64 http://www.hwinfo.com/index.html. It will give you info on everything, but I loved it because I could check CPU, GPU, and Memory usage. All at the same time. And when you pair it with Afterburner's on-screen display you can compare in real time what is going on while gaming right beside your FPS. Everything HWiNFO64 can monitor can be shown on-screen via AfterBurner, which is pretty much anything you can think of. It is also fairly simple to use once you get the gist of it all.

The best part is this is free!!! :cool:

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P
Q9450 @ 2.66GHz/w MegaHalems
4GB DDR2 1100 (PC2 8800) F2-8800CL5D-4GBPI
ASUS 6950
300GB HD
500GB Storage HD
BIOS FD

Post subject: Re: HWiNFO64 monitors everything you can imagine!
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:13 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

It looks good--kind of a combination of several utilities I use such as CPU-Z, GPU-Z, and HWMonitor. Thanks for the heads-up!

Dell XPS 8700 | Core i7 4770 3.4GHz | BIOS A11 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 Sniper 1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC | Dell S2340M 23" IPS LED | Seasonic 650W M12II-650 | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | ASUS DRW-24B1ST | Logitech G100S | Dell SK-8135 keyboard | Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

[ 2 posts ] 

Board index » General Discussions » Gaming