Forum          FAQ

Board index » General Discussions » OS Issues and Questions » Windows 8

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Windows 8.1 Preview Installation Nightmares
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 9:13 pm 

m3th0d1c4l , do you or anyone else know of anyone with an ALX or Aurora desktop who successfully completed a Windows Store upgrade from Windows 8 to the Windows 8.1 preview?

The install goes through without errors and then simply hangs after the applying personal settings reboot. Two hard shutdowns rolls back to Windows 8. The error message after that has the so called Microsoft community experts telling everyone it is a memory management issue and your memory is bad LOL. Nothing wrong with my memory and about 100 other people with the same issue on that forum. Microsoft had me run a diagnostic and error log which I sent to them and never heard back. Some are saying it is compatibility issues with Intel drivers and or software (Rapid Storage Tech).

I have never had an issue with anything Microsoft before, beta, preview or final. I'm starting to think the problem is the recent MS reorg with the ex Widows Phone people in charge of the OS. They plan to release 8.1 to OEMs in August? Not close to ready for primetime IMHO.

12GB DDR 3 1600
2 300GB Sata @10K RPM Raid 0
Creative XFI Titanium
Blue Ray Combo
Windows 8 Pro (64)

[ 1 post ] 

Board index » General Discussions » OS Issues and Questions » Windows 8