Forum          FAQ

Board index » General Discussions » General Computer Help

Forum rules

Area for those who are learning the basics of computers and how they work. No question is too "dumb" or silly. Go ahead, ask! Someone here can help.

Area will be moderated to assure everyone is treated with respect.

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Best budget upgrade videocard?
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:56 am 

I've recently obtained a 630 for free but it has a bad video card. Not looking to spend a lot right now,I just want to get it up and running with a card that's up to spec with today's pc's. Went to best buy just to see what they had and the only things within my budget range (150 Max) were the Radeon 7770 or a gtx650ti being the best I could get,my question is has anybody run either of these as a replacement card and whether the stock power supply was enough for them? The guy at best buy told me to just buy a 7770ghz edition off of newegg instead of best buy since its cheaper than the standard 7770 through best buy. I'm currently leaning towards the 7770 due to the crossfire support and the gtx650 lacking sli compatability. Any insight?

Post subject: Re: Best budget upgrade videocard?
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:50 am 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

The stock power supply should be fine for either card--it's more than enough power at 750 watts.

Dell XPS 8700 | Core i7 4770 3.4GHz | BIOS A11 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 Sniper 1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC | Dell S2340M 23" IPS LED | Seasonic 650W M12II-650 | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | ASUS DRW-24B1ST | Logitech G100S | Dell SK-8135 keyboard | Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

Post subject: Re: Best budget upgrade videocard?
 Post Posted: Tue Nov 05, 2013 12:26 pm 

Steam ID: kamikaze
what i can say is that I am currently running 560 TI Twin Frozr II OC which i think should be slightly more power than your 650 TI and I have been playing BF 3 and Bf 4 for a while now on a 700W PSU. So if i can run on that, I don't see why you will have any issues!

Also, I think there was a thread saying that a card higher than 560 Ti was the most that you could get for a 630 system since it might be bottlenecked by the motherboard or the CPU that you could placed or have! I might be wrong but that's why I got that card!

Hope this helps!

[ 3 posts ] 

Board index » General Discussions » General Computer Help