Forum          FAQ

Board index » General Discussions » General Computer Help

Forum rules

Area for those who are learning the basics of computers and how they work. No question is too "dumb" or silly. Go ahead, ask! Someone here can help.

Area will be moderated to assure everyone is treated with respect.

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Will These Graphics Cards Work
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:48 pm 

After looking around the web for an answer I came to this wonderful site dedicated to the 630i. Thanks for setting this up!

I see a lot of members have asked about graphics card upgrades. Here comes another one...

At this time I am not ready to upgrade to a Sandy Bridge architecture so I am aware I will hit CPU bottlenecks until I do. Today I simply want to upgrade the graphics from the 512mb card my 630i shipped with to a beefier card. Ideally one that I won't need to replace when I upgrade the mobo and processor eventually. Previous postings point to a 560 card would work. So looking at newegg I came accross these 2 options:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130683&SortField=3&SummaryType=0&PageSize=100&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

and

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127608&SortField=3&SummaryType=0&PageSize=100&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&IsFeedbackTab=true#scrollFullInfo

Would either of these be a recommended upgrade?

Looking to play, primarily, Star Wars The Old Republic and Minecraft.

Thanks in advance

[ 1 post ] 

Board index » General Discussions » General Computer Help