Forum          FAQ

Board index » General Discussions » Gaming » Flight Simulators and Games

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: Anyone playing Guild Wars 2 on their stock XPS 630i?
 Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:55 am 

My 19 year-old Son introduced me to Guild Wars 2 while I was building a new system out of the parts of the first computer I built for him when he was 12. Since he is going to college, and I was forced into an early retirement due to a failed back surgery which left me partially disabled, we were on a very tight budget, so I decided to build him a system without a discreet video card using AMD's newest APU with the built-in HD7xxx series GPU and a 3.0+/-GHz quad core CPU.

Running Guild Wars 2 on my Q6850 quad core 3.0GHz CPU powered XPS 630i system with dual nVidia 9800GTX video cards running in SLI mode is giving me less than optimal frame rates, even though I currently only have it running on my 20" Dell 1680x1050 resolution LCD monitor. I want to get a larger 1080p monitor for myself for Christmas, but see that I will need to replace my video card(s) first, or the performance while running Guild Wars 2 will be completely unacceptable.

Is anyone else here running this game on their XPS 630i, and if you are, what video card(s) are you using and at what resolution?

I have already written my first post to this website in another existing thread about possibly upgrading my system with a new video card first, and then later also upgrading the hard drives, the operating system, and the motherboard, RAM and CPU, but I will do it in stages, so I only have to pay about $200, to $300 per stage, and not all of it at one time.

P.S. I am a little worried about transferring all of my emails and other data and programs when I switch from my current Windows Vista Ultimate 32bit to Windows 7 Professional 64bit (don't think I want Windows 8).

[ 1 post ] 

Board index » General Discussions » Gaming » Flight Simulators and Games