Forum          FAQ

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » Unofficial Dell Support Forum » XPS/Alienware Laptops/Notebooks

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Dell sucks again......
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:17 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

So on Tuesday, I was in my Anatomy and Physiology class taking notes and doing my work on my XPS M1530 notebook, and all of a sudden the machine shut off and would not turn on. Kinda embarrasing..... :oops:

So I called up Dell and they sent out a tech to fix it and replace the motherboard.

He was a very nice tech, and very knowledgable. But after he left, I picked up the notebook and I hear something moving around. Also, my lid will not close all the way anymore, and my media remote will not fit into the side anymore. On top of that, there are a couple dents next to my palm rest, and a few light scratches on the lid and bottom.

Fix one thing, and make other things worse.......

Now I did not expect this (or did I?). :rofl: Now, they are telling me that I have to send it into the depot or wait 3-4 business for the next available tech to come out and fix it. Now I recall my warranty saying I have next business day onsite, and they said they cant do anything.

WTF am I supposed to do? This is crazy. I just got done dealing with my XPS 730x, and now this......

2GB EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC
Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty
512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post subject: Re: Dell sucks again......
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:32 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

Steam ID: Hairbautt
m3th0d1c4l wrote:
Fix one thing, and make other things worse.......

LOL. Story of my life.

Anyways, just wait 'til they offer a system exchange. hehehehe :lol:

WinTV-HVR 2250 with Remote | Media Card Reader | XBOX 360 Wireless Controller
PIXMA MG6220 AIO | C920 HD Pro | G19 Keyboard | G700s Mouse
RealTek ALC892 Audio | X-540 5.1 Speakers | G35 7.1 Headset | Hotas X Joystick
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | Biometric Reader | 1.2KW PSU | 1500 & 550 VA UPS
Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center, 64-bit | Corsair 600T with LEDs

Post Posted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:55 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

I dont want an exchange though. Because they are going to replace it with some problematic laptop. LOL.

Also, the reason I bought this was because of the long battery life, and lightweight design so I could take it to class.

I just hate dealing with Tech Support. And judging from what happened with JDookie, they are going to replace it with some Alienware notebook, which is not even close to mine. It weighs a ton more and has poor battery life.

I guess its just too much to ask for a warranty service to be done properly.

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:49 am 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

Update:

I just got home from my evening class, and I now have another problem with this thing. In the middle of class, the screen went blank. :oops: The system is still on, but no display. I tried rebooting it with no go. I dont know if its the video card or the screen, but I can still hear windows logging in. But now I am fed up with this. I could at least use the notebook for school, and now I cannot even do that.

Time to call Dell ..........again. :crazy: :twisted:

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:42 am 

WOW! What a crappy deal, hope they fix this right for you....And you may even had important info on that lappy for school or other stuff that you can't touch now, that sometimes can be the worst part....

W7 64bit Pro / Coolermaster 212+

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:54 am 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

Exactly. I mean, I have already taken the HDD out and connected it to my Alienware desktop to get my saved docs and projects off of it. But the first time this happened, I lost a lot of notes that I took in class because of it.

I was lucky enough this time that only the video is gone. I know the shortcut key to saving my documents when I couldnt see anything on the screen. :D But last time, I didnt even get a chance with a complete shut off.

But this is truly ridiculous. :evil: Now this has been twice this kind of problem happened in class. Its actually really embarassing when it happens in front of all your peers. :oops: Not to mention, the inconvenience that is brought upon me not being able to use it for class now.

I called Dell before this incident happened to report the issues earlier above. I tried calling My Tech Team just now and they are closed.....so I have to wait until tomorrow to inform them of this failure now. :cry:

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:12 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Steam ID: davbow
I have a 1530 - I had the exact screen problem you are having - actually, I had the same problem 3 times - all 3 times I had MD and screen replaced . . . don't know what to tell you about that . . .

The 1530 was a "system exchange" for a 700m - I still miss my 700m . . .

SIGH

Intel i7 950 @ 3.9 GHz
MSI 560 Ti Twin Frozr x2 SLI @ 950 mhz
Gigabyte X58A-UD5
6 GB of Corsair memory (timings unknown atm)
H50 CPU cooler
DF-85 Chasis
3dMark11 P7800 at stock speed, P8643 overclocked

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:31 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

davbow wrote:
I have a 1530 - I had the exact screen problem you are having - actually, I had the same problem 3 times - all 3 times I had MD and screen replaced . . . don't know what to tell you about that . . .

The 1530 was a "system exchange" for a 700m - I still miss my 700m . . .

SIGH

3 TIMES?!?! Wow, then I am definitely in for a treat......... :shock: :rofl: At least I know I am not the only one that is having these kind of problems with this notebook. And see, that is exactly what I meant by the system exchange. You end up with a problematic laptop that doesnt stop breaking...

Its really wierd though, I mean I have had this notebook for about 2 1/2 years, and I havent had a single problem with it until now. I bought it brand spankin new with all the options on it upgraded except the HDD. And I still have warranty on it for another 3 years. And out of nowhere, this starts happening.

From what I am reading on the net, apparently its all related to the Nvidia Geforce card on the motherboard.

Time to call them now and see what they say this time.

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:45 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Steam ID: davbow
MD should have been MB, as in motherboard . . . sorry - moving too fast . . . lol

Intel i7 950 @ 3.9 GHz
MSI 560 Ti Twin Frozr x2 SLI @ 950 mhz
Gigabyte X58A-UD5
6 GB of Corsair memory (timings unknown atm)
H50 CPU cooler
DF-85 Chasis
3dMark11 P7800 at stock speed, P8643 overclocked

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 2:26 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

davbow wrote:
MD should have been MB, as in motherboard . . . sorry - moving too fast . . . lol

Oh yea. I figured that was what you meant. Lol.

Well I am still on the phone atm as they are trying to figure out what to do.

Not really hard to make a decision....but I am waiting to see where this goes.

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Last edited by m3th0d1c4l on Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:58 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

Update:

So after running through diagnostics with My Tech Team, they came to the conclusion to replace my system with a brand new system, because apparently I had more than 1 failure this time. The Video Card failed, and from the error code he got from diagnostics, its also the CPU.

So, they dont want to send out another technician, even though I asked them to. So once again, I am left in the dark, waiting for some random computer to arrive at my door. But at least they said its going to be brand new, since the tech ruined the damn thing.

So, Ill keep everyone posted on what happens. I am just wondering which notebook it will be. He said its either gonna be a Studio XPS 16 or 17 or an Alienware M15x or M17x. I am hoping for either the Studio XPS 16 or the M15x, because I want a long battery life (2-4 hours) for class. LOL.

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:03 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

I'm sorry to hear about this. It's never fun dealing with hardware failure, especially when it happens when you *really* need it to work, like for school in your case.

As far as the Alienware, I fully agree with you. Now that I have the M17x, I love the performance of it, but its SO HEAVY, and the battery doesn't last long at all.

I actually had issues with the M17x they sent me, so they decided four weeks ago to send me a brand new one, except it never arrived. I've contacted them every week since the order was placed, and they just kept telling me that everything was in order, and it just takes that long.

Well, low and behold, a few days ago I did my weekly order status check, and found it to be CANCELED.

Of course, this really made me mad (to put it nicely), so I called them and complained like there was no tomorrow. At first, they were giving me the run around, so I asked for a supervisor and told them that if they couldn't provide a working computer to me (keep in mind it has been almost three months since I sent them my M1710) that I was going to take legal action against them for theft.......I know, it was a bit much, but it worked.

They have now given me two options to choose from. They can either get the second M17x to me within a week, or they will give me a full refund of my original purchase price (from three years ago, which is $4500). Obviously, I'm taking the refund since I don't want an Alienware. Only thing is, the refund has to go back to my Dell account, so it's not money in my pocket, but more of a store credit, which is fine by me.

I'm now leaning toward either the Studio 17 or the Studio XPS 16, not sure which one yet, but I want a big screen, i7 cpu, portable weight, and long battery life. I don't care about gaming because that's not what I'm going to do with it.

EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N @ 1500MHz
Dual Corsair Neutron GTX 256GB SSD's in RAID0
Corsair AX1200 power supply
Win7 x64 Ultimate
Lian LI PC-P80B case w/ custom window and lighting
Koolance ERM-2K3U Rev 1.1 (copper) external water cooler
Dell U3011 30" 2560x1600 monitor
Corsair SP2500 2.1 Audio System

Post Posted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:03 am 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

Wow.....they were really trying to screw you over. Good thing you kept on top of it. That was pretty much what I was doing with the desktop replacement. I just kept at it until it arrived at my door. That is great though that they are refunding you the money. You can buy a nicely loaded Studio XPS with over half the $$$ left over. :cool: :D

I wont mind an M15x, as long as they get me the extended battery (which I have on my notebook). From what I read, it looks like the M15x with the extended battery and the Studio 16 have around the same battery life (about 3-4 hours). The M15x has the smaller screen vs the studio 16, which will use less power, plus it will have a 32nm chip to run cooler with less wattage. Plus the M15x and M17x have " stealth mode" which puts the computer to a minimal state to conserve battery power when just browsing and typing documents, etc.

Ive been looking at both of them, and I really dont care which one they send me, but I would prefer the Alienware mainly because it has an Nvidia Chip instead of ATI, and it has the touch sensitive controls for the audio, DVD eject, and media buttons. And I guess I can have a higher resale value with it later on when the time comes. But I mainly just want a working notebook. LOL. :rofl:

Oh JDookie, I noticed the higher end notebooks come with facial recognition instead of fingerprint readers for logging in. Any input on your experience with your M17x? And how good was the stealth mode feature? Did the notebook feel like a solid built machine?

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:58 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

m3th0d1c4l wrote:
Oh JDookie, I noticed the higher end notebooks come with facial recognition instead of fingerprint readers for logging in. Any input on your experience with your M17x? And how good was the stealth mode feature? Did the notebook feel like a solid built machine?

It definitely felt like a solid machine, no doubt about that, but I have a few gripes about the design. The overall look is killer, but it's small things that I didn't like. For instance, all the sharp edges look cool, but when you try to type on it, the corners dig into your wrist and forearm. The reason I say wrist and forearm, and not "wrists" or "forearms" is because the touchpad is off to one side, which I didn't like either, I like it in the middle. Also, the touchpad absolutely sucks. The sensitivity is adjustable, but even when cranked all the way up, it still doesn't respond all that well. It either doesn't recognize your finger movement or is so sensitive that it's all over the place. My previous XPS M1710 was smooth as silk, and was perfect. This one is very textured, and isn't smooth at all, I hated it.

So, because of the horrible touchpad, and corners digging into me, I hooked it up to an external keyboard and mouse, and it was great, but for all that I could just have another desktop, lol.

Stealth mode.....hmmm....I must have missed that because I've never heard of it.

Battery life.......what battery life?? :?

Nvidia vs. ATI chip. All I know is that the Alienware laptops were originally being configured with Nvidia video cards, but were having issues with compatibility or something, and have now switched to all ATI video cards. I believe the same goes for the Inspiron/XPS line too because every computer I "build" on the Dell site, only shows ATI cards available. What's odd though is, the M15x still only gives the option for Nvidia cards, yet the M17x only gives the option of ATI. Do they use different motherboards?

Processors. Both, the Alienware and the Studio XPS come with i7's. The Alienware gives you the choice between i3, i5, and i7 though. Studio is i7 only, but that's what I would pick anyway.

To sum this all up. If I wanted a laptop to replace my desktop, it would be an easy answer.....the Alienware, but since I don't, I think I'm definitely going with the Studio XPS 16. It gives the best compromise between portability, and performance. I also like it's touchpad better, lol.

Almost forgot, facial recognition.......doesn't work as advertised. Yeah, it's kind of cool at first, but all it does it memorize the outlined shape of your face, so anyone with a similar shaped face as you can log on, and if you just look goofy one day, you won't be able to log on yourself, lol. The Dell on-site tech said that almost everyone complains about it, and he usually disables it for them because its a waste.

EVGA GTX 780 Ti Classified K|NGP|N @ 1500MHz
Dual Corsair Neutron GTX 256GB SSD's in RAID0
Corsair AX1200 power supply
Win7 x64 Ultimate
Lian LI PC-P80B case w/ custom window and lighting
Koolance ERM-2K3U Rev 1.1 (copper) external water cooler
Dell U3011 30" 2560x1600 monitor
Corsair SP2500 2.1 Audio System

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:56 am 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

JDookie, thanks for all the input!! This is very helpful! :cool:

Yea I was seeing the same thing about the M15x being the only one with Nvidia chips left in them. The Studio XPS 16 is available with an ATI Mobility 4670, which is not all that great to be honest, compared to the GTX 260M, IMO. But I believe the M15x and M17x do have different motherboards, and they both got a revision on them. The M15x was originally capable of being built with eith a single or dual GTX 260m, or a single GTX 280m, but they changed that shortly to either the GT 240m and single GTX 260m. My guess is the heat causing the systems to fail, or causing other hardware compatibility issues we dont know about.

That is good info on the facial recognition. I didnt know they were that problematic or easy to bypass. I know the Studio XPS 16 also comes with this option, which was why I was just curious. I probably wont use it either way.....as I grew impatient with my fingerprint reader too. :rofl:

I have heard the same thing about the mouse......really bad and terrible functionality. I read that there was supposed to be a BIOS update on the M15x to resolve this, as well as the newer revision of the M17x, but I am not so sure. I dont like that offset of the touchpad either. And I had no idea those corners actually got in the way with the arms.

The stealth mode is a little touch sensitive button that looked like a speedometer next to the power button, which is supposed to put the PC into minimal power usage to conserve battery life. I read that the M15x with the extended battery life using stealth mode compared to the XPS 16 have about equal battery life.

The processor in my M1530 was a T8300, which is a dual core 2.4Ghz, so unless they plan to upgrade me to an i7 quad core on a Studio and a bigger screen than I had, my bet is that they are gonna stick me with an M15x with an i5 CPU and 15in screen. In a way, I would actually rather have that CPU, as it uses less power, and is 32nm vs 45nm on the i7, so the heat will be much less, which I prefer. Since I am not using it for gaming or extreme multitasking, it would be better.

I called in to check on the status of the exchange today, and they said my order number should be generated by the end of this week. So hopefully by Friday, I will know what to expect. Again, I dont mind either system, but in a way, I would prefer the M15x, just because of the future resale value being higher than the Studio XPS 16 (most likely).

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:32 pm 

LOL :rofl:
in germany is this easy,if the ware is damage inside the 2 year, you can 3 time reparation or fix this in this time.
or you get the money back. :mrgreen:
this warranty law is great in germany.

Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Post Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:40 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

Wow that is pretty nice. I think Dell has that sort of thing with their higher end systems, like the XPS series, which is why they are getting me a brand new system. Same thing happened with my 730x, since it was less than a year old, they swapped it out completely after a few repair attempts to a new unit.

From what the tech told me, they only usually do this sort of thing with "new system replacements" for the top of the line products, such as Alienware and the XPS line.

An update for the notebook: still no word on anything, just awaiting the order number.

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:34 am 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

OK guys......So I finally got the order number and the specs of the new notebook. Not too bad, but they screwed up on a lot of things. I remember the tech telling me "equal or better."

Well here is the new system:

Studio XPS 1640 Black
Intel P8700 2.53GHz
ATI HD 3670 512MB
500GB 7200RPM W/FreeFall Sensor
Intel 5300 Wireless
4GB DDR3 RAM
56Whr Battery
8x DVD CD RW Drive

Now, compared to my M1530, this actually is not that great. I had a smaller screen, which would have used less battery power for longer class usage time, I had the 85Whr battery I paid an extra $100 for, also for longer usage time, I also had an 8600M GT which according to benchmarks, outperforms that ATI card while using less power and less heat (which are more important). Also, I have a bluetooth card which this doesnt have that I paid extra for. WTF? :wtf:

The only thing they really gave me was a bigger HDD, which I dont care for, nor need the space because its just for school (not like I have 1GB documents :rofl:) , and a 133Mhz faster CPU which also wouldnt make a difference for what I use it for, and DDR3 RAM instead of DDR2, which again, would make no improvement for my needs that I specifically told them. That still doesnt account for all the other stuff missing. I am going to give them a call back to see if they can get me the upgraded/missing components, because this really sucks. And the new notebook's display is a 1920x1080 display, which on a 16in screen, will strain your eyes a LOT when in native resolution. I remember this problem with my old XPS Gen 2 gaming laptop. And when you turn down the resolution, things become blurry. So what is the point?? Just good for blu ray movies and games, which again, I dont use this for. LOL.

I hope they can make this right. I mean, they did a better job on my desktop. Its kinda wierd how they would not catch the upgraded battery part. I mean, that is the most obvious thing to compare when exchanging a notebook.

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:39 am 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

Steam ID: Hairbautt
LMAO Well. Good luck on getting that sorted.

WinTV-HVR 2250 with Remote | Media Card Reader | XBOX 360 Wireless Controller
PIXMA MG6220 AIO | C920 HD Pro | G19 Keyboard | G700s Mouse
RealTek ALC892 Audio | X-540 5.1 Speakers | G35 7.1 Headset | Hotas X Joystick
ASUS Sabertooth Z77 | Biometric Reader | 1.2KW PSU | 1500 & 550 VA UPS
Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center, 64-bit | Corsair 600T with LEDs

Post Posted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:29 am 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

Well, just got off the phone with Dell (again for like the 100th time lol), and they are going to take care of the situation. After looking over my system, the tech I spoke with did not know how they came up with that configuration. as it is missing a lot of my upgrades. So they are going to give me a call on Monday to let me know what is going to happen. The exchange system is already on its way, so they advised me not to open the box (ya think?? lol).

They came to the conclusion that they would most likely get me another system with Nvidia Graphics, smaller screen with smaller resolution, bigger battery, and bluetooth to match my system, or if that isnt possible, they are going to refund me the original purchase price, back when I bought it in 2008. :cool: So I guess that isnt too bad.

So I wait for a phone call now on Monday to get the decision.

Just a lot of waiting............. :wtf: :crazy:

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:58 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

UPDATE -

So just today, I got a box from Dell, containing my replacement notebook, since they had already shipped this out before I had called and told them about the other issues.

They sent a Studio XPS 1640. Not a bad notebook at all. But not for my tastes, nor my needs.

Black Color
P8700 2.53GHz
4GB DDR3 RAM
ATI HD 4670 Graphics (was put in as 3670 for some reason)
500GB HDD
DVD RW
1080P screen

The notebook is a very nice laptop, but this is more of an entertainment notebook to be honest. The looks are stunning, great performance, and beautifulW WLED Screen. But the notebook runs rather hot, much more than my old M1530 (probably the ATI card), and the battery life on the 56WHr battery is only about 1H 30M, which is terrible. My M1530 lasted for about 5 hours on the 9 Cell, and 3 hours on a 56Whr battery. It gets especially warm in the front under the touchpad and palmrest areas.

The notebook is also a MAJOR Fingerprint Magnet. I am a picky person about these kind of things, and I am constantly wiping it down. Also, the touchpad is good, but it gets your finger a bit sweaty from the texture and heat coming from it. The keyboard lighting is a great plus, and has 2 levels of lighting, or the option to turn it off. The AC Charger gets really hot, unlike any other notebooks charger I have ever felt. The touchpad is a multitouch capable pad, using the same features as an Iphone, like zooming, rotation, etc. using 2 fingers.

Overall, its a great notebook, but not good for my needs. And dell is working on getting me a more equivalent replacement. But at least I can use something for the time being.

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:53 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

Last Update (for now lol):

So I just got a call from the Dell Supervisor about my replacement laptop, as I have been working on this now for 2 weeks, and they are going to get me a brand new notebook equivalent to my M1530 this time. The XPS 1640 they sent me was a refurbished PC, which nonetheless had some problems, but also had an issue in the Dell System. For some reason, the service tag was not giving them ANY data on the machine, its specs etc. And the warranty was frozen at 730 days left. I dont know what the problem is, but from what the techs told me, the guy that owned this machine before me had the same problems. LOL. :rofl:

But since they didnt want to get me the extended battery like my old system had, the bluetooth wireless card, nor a new AC Adapter (mine was making a loud hissing noise and had a tear in the wire), they are getting me a new Alienware M15x now. Its actually a lot better than the XPS 1640, only negative is the extra weight. And at least its a NEW notebook instead of a refurbished unit.

Here are the specs:

Alienware M15x Cosmic Black
Intel Core i5 540M 2.53Ghz (3.06Ghz turbo mode, 32nm, HT tech, 2 cores, 4 threads)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit
512MB Nvidia Geforce GT 240M
16:9 WideHD+ 1600x900 WLED Screen
4GB DDR3 1066MHz RAM
128GB Solid State Drive
Slot Load Double Layer Blue Ray Burner
Extended 9 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Intel WiFi Link 5300 802.11AGN Wireless Card
Internal Bluetooth Adapter

I dont know if they missed the part where I said that it was for school........but I am not complaining. :D

And on top of all that, for putting me through the long waiting, and troubles with the Dell Tech ruining my laptop, they are giving me a free Alienware Tactx Set, which includes the keyboard, mouse, and headset. I was planning on buying that set for my Area 51 in the next couple months anyhow, but now I guess I dont have to. LOL.

Only negative I have about it is the weight and portability of the new notebook when I need it for school, but I am not about to turn down an Alienware notebook anytime soon. So now I wait again, up to 21 business days until my new machine is built and shipped to me. At least the semester is over next week and I wont be needing it for class.

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:55 pm 

Congrats on sticking to you guns and getting the M15X. I've only ever had problems with dell and it was for my monitor. It quit, the tech support asked me to run diagonisics on it ????, and told me they can not replace it until I did that. Well the monitor did not work so I could not. Asked to speak with a supervisor and told here that my warranty was a replacment next bussiness day, so I got a new one the next day, packed the old on and shipped to home to Dell.

Post Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:18 am 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

Well, to be honest, I actually was just wanting to get the upgraded components for the XPS 1640 and get it all straightened out on their end, but it ended up being better than expected, and I wasnt planning on arguing. :rofl:

And yes, sometimes you just have to stand your ground, or you will not get anywhere. I just hope that the machine will last longer than my previous one.

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:37 pm 

Wow, nice upgrade and good for you :cool:

The old saying goes, the squeeky wheel gets the greese :lol:

At leaste now if class is boring you can throw the headsets on and fire up your favorite game :)

Dean

W7 64bit Pro / Coolermaster 212+

[ 98 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » Unofficial Dell Support Forum » XPS/Alienware Laptops/Notebooks