Forum          FAQ

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » Unofficial Dell Support Forum » XPS 625 - General Discussion

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: XPS 625 RAID 0 setup help
 Post Posted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:10 pm 

Steam ID: WWX_Hard_Core
RAID 0 with the 625,

Hello all,

I have read alot of posts on this board and I must say that I have happily found a place where people that know are willing to share and I have a question / probolem that I hope someone has an answer for:

I bought a XPS 625 (should be here in mid-June) the issue is I wanted to DVD drives and RAID 0, I could not get them both on the same system without over-paying a bunch...

So I got another 640 Gig HD and wanted to know if the software / fake RAID controller is within the BIOS ? I have checked the dell website and could not find an answer...

If so how would you reccomend that I setup RAID 0, I was thinking just installed the 2nd 640 Gig HD before I even turn the power on and run the RAID controller to see both drives than use the system restore DVD's and do a complete NTFS format and re-install all the CD's that come with the system.

Thanks in advance,
Randy

[ 1 post ] 

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » Unofficial Dell Support Forum » XPS 625 - General Discussion