Forum          FAQ

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Other

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: DELL Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard not responding on startup
 Post Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:40 pm 

Hello everyone, I have a bit of a problem logging in to WinXP with my Bluetooth Keyboard. For testing purposes I connected a PS2 keyboard and managed to log in. Once logged in the wireless keyboard becomes responsive, but if PS2 is disconnected and I restart I get locked out of windows one more. I have also checked the Device Manager and noticed that under Keyboard there is a duplicate entry for HID Keyboard Device. Not sure how to fix this. I would really appreciate any help with this problem. Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: DELL Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard not responding on start
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 4:29 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

It sounds like the Bluetooth device/drivers aren't being initialized until after Windows loads; the PS2 keyboard will likely always work because it's one of the low-level devices required to enter the UEFI/BIOS.

If your keyboard is from Microsoft, do you have Intellitype installed? Following are some other things that might be worth trying:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811805

Dell XPS 8700 | Core i7 4770 3.4GHz | BIOS A11 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 Sniper 1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC | Dell S2340M 23" IPS LED | Seasonic 650W M12II-650 | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | ASUS DRW-24B1ST | Logitech G100S | Dell SK-8135 keyboard | Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

Post subject: Re: DELL Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard not responding on start
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:09 am 

Thanks for your reply gdonner, I should have listed my specs beforehand and explained my problem in more detail.

I'm on a DELL XPS 630i running WinXP Professional SP3 and the problem I'm having is with the DELL GM952 Bluetooth Wireless Multimedia Keyboard that shipped with the computer. All this started when batteries were running low and I foolishly replaced them when computer was tuned off which resulted in problems pairing the device. Finally got the keyboard to work up until i restarted Windows and was prompted for user password and the rest you know already. If you have any further suggestions I would love to hear form you.

[ 3 posts ] 

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Other