Forum          FAQ

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » Unofficial Dell Support Forum

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: 630i boot failure
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:17 am 

Hi all, I come begging answers!

Just got a second hand 630i from a friend, it hasn't been used in quite some time I believe.

Plugged it all in and turned it on last night, it booted into Vista and ran normally (albeit a bit slowly at first, bloody Vista!). After about 10-15 minutes the screen suddenly went blank, and it sounded like it was rebooting, but no picture came back so I powered it off holding the power switch. Since that, it hasn't booted properly once.

Basically I've tried everything, reseating, different graphics card, every configuration possible, reset CMOS, nothing doing. It will turn on, get to the end of the bios load, or maybe just after that to the boot menu, and then the screen will go on to standby, although it doesn't sound like the pc is rebooting at this point.

Now the funny thing is. sometimes I can get up to the Vista loading screen. It seems the length of time it will work for is proportional to the length of time I leave it off for....??

Case in point, I just had it plugged out for the length of time it took me to register here and write this post so far, and turned it on there and managed to boot all the way in to safe mode, and then gone again. :(

By process of elimination I assume this has to be a motherboard related issue, but can anyone shed some light on the what and why?

Thanks,

Adam

P.S. it's all stock inside, Crossfire 38xx GPU, E6600 x4 2.4 and 3GB ram I believe? You all probably know better than me!

Post subject: Re: 630i boot failure
 Post Posted: Thu May 03, 2012 6:44 pm 

Well, you can try taking out one of the gpu's and trying one at a time. You probably have 4GB of ram. You can also try reinstalling your os just to make sure it's not corrupted.

8 GB of Corsair Ram
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS
EVGA GTX 660 Ti SC
and other standard stuff :D

[ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » Unofficial Dell Support Forum