Forum          FAQ

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » Unofficial Dell Support Forum

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: XPS630i beeps after a new card
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:55 pm 

Hey there everyone,

I just got my hands on a GTX550 Ti graphic card, from ASUS, after my stock 9800GT died a few weeks back. It would boot and display, but it wouldn't go over 800x600 and HWmonitor (as well as dxdiag and other diagnostics tools) would not recognize it.

My problem is that now that I installed the 550, the computer simply won't boot. The mobo will emit 5 very close beeps (making it quite hard to count), which, according to this page:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/xps630i/en/OM/HTML/tools.htm#wp1094829 means I have to change my battery. I did, to no avail.

The hardware in the tower is all from the factory, with the exception of the new card. The computer was bought exactly 3 years ago.

Since my plan was to fix this computer for my parents and build myself a new one, I feel bad about having them pay 150$ for a card that did not change anything, and would like your insight on the problem.

Thank you all in advance,
Ced.

[ 1 post ] 

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » Unofficial Dell Support Forum