Forum          FAQ

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Upgrade / Modification / Overclocking Discussion

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Mobo problem
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 4:04 pm 

Hi guys,

First time post and sorry if this is a bit stupid. I've read quite a bit on the forum in the past week, so thanks very much for the info so far.

My problem is I'm stuck installing my MOBO I got a gigabyte z97X and I've got everything into the box ok. My problem is that I can't figure out the leads from the front panel to the new MOBO. I'm still using stock fans as I don't intend to overclock at the minute. So they connect into the board at the front. I have leads labelled

Master IO BD
POWER SW BD
CABLE 6
And a white cable I am not sure where to put?

Is the board the same as a ASUS board that I can't have some features of the front panel working?

Many thanks

Niall

Post subject: Re: New Mobo problem
 Post Posted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:24 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

It shouldn't be; only the ASUS boards use non-standard connectors--all other mobos use industry standard connectors.

As for the connectors, it's been a while since I did my last mobo upgrade; I'd better let someone else direct you on which connectors go where.

Dell XPS 8700 | Core i7 4770 3.4GHz | BIOS A11 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 Sniper 1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC | Dell S2340M 23" IPS LED | Seasonic 650W M12II-650 | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | ASUS DRW-24B1ST | Logitech G100S | Dell SK-8135 keyboard | Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

[ 2 posts ] 

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Upgrade / Modification / Overclocking Discussion