Forum          FAQ

Board index » General Discussions » Other » Folding@home

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
 Post subject: Re: How to: Install SMP client 6.23 MPICH
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:39 am 

JDookie wrote:
Instead of running two smp's, I think I'm going to wait until my second video card gets here and lean more toward an additional gpu client since those clients finish wu's a lot quicker than the cpu.

Incidently, on the topic of installation, Ben. The only thing that I found wrong in your guide (which was a great help, by the way) was what you suggested to name the .exe file. In your guide, you said to name it fah6.exe, but then later you say to type "fah6" in the cmd prompt to engage the program. Well, that won't work. These two need to match, so if you could change your guide to instruct everyone to name the .exe file just "fah6" instead (leaving off the .exe), everything else will go nice and smooth. Thank you again for taking the time to make the guide though, couldn't have done it without it.

I also have a question, the part where you enter "-smp -verbosity 9", what is that?? I ask this because when setting up the gpu client, there was a box where you had the option of entering something like this again, or leave it blank. Not knowing, I went ahead and entered -verbosity 9. Did I do this right??

Something must not right about the way you change the .exe file to FAH6.exe. Anyway, the best way for me to do it is go to the C:\FAH folder from window and right click FAH6.exe file and click "run as adminstrator" work every single time I want to run SMP client. I am not really sure about "-smp -verbosity 9"

Here, I quote direct from folding.stanford.edu/english/winUNIGUIDE. "Additional Client Parameters: This is where you can save the frequently used flags like -verbosity 9 or -advmethods"

naya

WD VelociRaptor 300GB 10K RPM SATA, 1.5TB WD SATA
Corsair HX1000W |Dell UltraSharp 2408WFP - 24"
Ulitmate Vista 64bits | ESA system tool 6.03

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

Board index » General Discussions » Other » Folding@home