Forum          FAQ

Board index » General Discussions » Other » Building Your Own Rig

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: Question~
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 10:09 am 

Well, haven't been here in a while, but I did go through with building a computer, had no problems up till the point of powering it on.. No signal is sent to the monitor, and I don't have a case speaker (didn't come with the case or board so.. no way to see if there was any error codes there) But my graphics card has an error code of it's own, I got a 4870, which has LED's which indicate if there's a problem, 3 of them are lit up.. Which based on what I can find indicates that 1, the card is dead, 2, the power supply is faulty/or not strong enough, 3, there is a lose connection, 4 the motherboard has a problem.. Well, there are no loose connections, I double checked them all, I know for a fact the power supply is strong enough, it powers on everything else just fine.. Tomorrow I'm going to be borrowing my mums graphics card to see if the problem is the card being dead. My question is, how would I trouble the power supply to see if it is faulty? And how would I trouble shoot the board with no speaker?

Any help would be great and extremely appreciated.

Oh and in case it is relevant, or anyone wants to know, my computer build is as follows:

Case - Antec 900
HDD - Western Digital Caviar SE16 750GB 3.5" SATA 3.0Gb/s
RAM - G.SKILL 8GB (4 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800
MOBO - MSI P45 Neo2-FR
PSU - CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4GHz LGA 775 Quad-Core
CPU HSF - ARCTIC COOLING Freezer 7 Pro 92mm
Thermal Compound - Arctic Silver 5
Optical Drive - SAMSUNG 22X DVD Burner Black SATA Model SH-S223F
GPU - VisionTek Radeon HD 4870

EDIT: I feel like an idiot now :P I got all panicked and freaked out thinking something was wrong, when it was a human error.. Forgot to do the 8pin connector by the CPU

Post subject: Re: Question~
 Post Posted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:06 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Steam ID: billybigfoot
We've all been there, glad to know your up and running now.

i7: Intel i7 860 2.8GHz | Intel DP55WG | 8GB PC10666 | GTX275 (896Mb) | HD-1 TB | DVD/CD- LG BlueRay + DVD/CD Burner | OCZ SilentxStream 700w | RealTek ALC 889 | CASE-Lian Li 7FN Black | Win 7 U 64bit | G35/G19/G9 | Dell 22 inch SP2208WFP

Post subject: Re: Question~
 Post Posted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:50 pm 

New update: Glad to say that everything is up and running just fine, and vista 64 install was a breeze, no problems except that mistake of mine :P And a compatibility issue with my wireless PCI card lol ( or it might just be out of range, testing that later ;) )

[ 3 posts ] 

Board index » General Discussions » Other » Building Your Own Rig