Forum          FAQ

Board index » General Discussions » Other » Building Your Own Rig

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Need some computer help
 Post Posted: Sat May 09, 2009 8:42 pm 

Hey guys,

My friend is having trouble with setting up his custom built computer. He bought it off a guy that builds and sells them. The specs are: AMD Phenom 1, ASUS M3N-HT Deluxe MB, 8 gig Corsair dominator DDR2, 2x Nvidia BFG 8800GTX OC, Sound Blaster (looks like an Xtreme gamer), 1200W Coolmax PSU, 2 CD drives, 1 floppy drive, 3 hard drives, all inside an Antec 900 case.

The problem he is having is when he goes on to turn in on, everything spins up but nothing on his 24" Dell monitor is coming up. I've resetted both graphic cards and sound card numerous times, looked and made sure all the connections are in but still nothing. I've tried and reset the CMOS but now its not working right. The fans are now reving every few seconds up and down.

Supposedly the guy he bought it from said it was supposed to just plug and play. yeah right. Just looking at it, the case is full of dust, lots and lots of dust, the side window is cracked so, I don't know what this guy did or shipping was that bad but.

Any help would be appreciated to help me help him getting his computer working.

Intel Core i7 950
6GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1800
Corsair H70 P/P Gelid GW Blue led PWM
Sapphire ATI Radeon 5870 Crossfire
Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium

Post subject: Re: Need some computer help
 Post Posted: Fri May 15, 2009 4:45 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

It could be shorting out somewhere. Try removing everything from the case, cleaning all the dust off of the parts, and reinstall everything and see if that works. I had the same issue when i installed my parts in my case. the problem ended up being that the screw for my sound card pci bracket wasnt on there.

also try running it with one of the GeForce video cards. Use the second card only in the first slot and see if that works. one of the video cards could be bad, or both.

2GB EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC
Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty
512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

[ 2 posts ] 

Board index » General Discussions » Other » Building Your Own Rig