Forum          FAQ

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Fan / Light / Master I/O / HDD Light / LightFX 2.0 Problems

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: nvidia update removed performance tab..how do i change leds?
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:46 am 

My 630 is totally rebuilt from mobo up....i was able to change the case leds with my nvidia control panel's performance tab...my drivers updated and removed this option and my leds are stuck at a funny look i dont like and its upsetting me lol...i tried downloading older drivers and they totally messed up everything for some odd reason i keep getting errors when they install and i was lucky enough to roll back to a system restore point that my comp was good with the newest drivers...is there ANY way to change the case leds without nvidia control panel's performance tab...i find it so flippin stupid they would remove this? any help would be useful its driving me crazy

Post subject: Re: nvidia update removed performance tab..how do i change l
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:42 am 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

I'm not aware of any way other than the Performance tab to change the lights. There is a copy of the v6.03 Nvidia System Tools with ESA Support below--would this help? (You mentioned that the older drivers didn't work, so ignore if this version is one of them):

resources/6.03_nvidia_system_tools.exe

Dell XPS 8700 | Core i7 4770 3.4GHz | BIOS A11 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 Sniper 1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC | Dell S2340M 23" IPS LED | Seasonic 650W M12II-650 | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | ASUS DRW-24B1ST | Logitech G100S | Dell SK-8135 keyboard | Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:26 am 

omg i love you...you know i tried that and i got so many errors and it did nothing...i tried again one didnt install (no harm no foul it seems) and the system monitor installed...i rebooted and let everything load when i went to open the app nothing happened...i fig nothing happened then got scared that it messed up my nvidia drivers like i did before...so i right clicked n opened nvidia control panel to make sure it was still working (previously when i tried installing these type of things it broke it completely and it wasnt even there to open anymore) and i magically had the performance tab back! i just changed my lights thank you man life saver no idea why it worked (i actually dl the same exact file you gave me previously) but it worked and ima go with it thanks again u got the magic touch lol

and thanks for the quick response...i also gotta post pics of my rig i did the front case fan mod n what not :)

Post Posted: Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:42 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Glad it worked! Please do post the fan mod pics when you get a chance--would love to see them!

Dell XPS 8700 | Core i7 4770 3.4GHz | BIOS A11 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 Sniper 1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC | Dell S2340M 23" IPS LED | Seasonic 650W M12II-650 | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | ASUS DRW-24B1ST | Logitech G100S | Dell SK-8135 keyboard | Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

[ 4 posts ] 

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Fan / Light / Master I/O / HDD Light / LightFX 2.0 Problems