Forum          FAQ

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Fan / Light / Master I/O / HDD Light / LightFX 2.0 Problems

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: updating mobo - case lights and master I/O
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:51 pm 

Hello guys I have an XPS 630i and I'm replacing the stock mobo with an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX I have read all the threads and I just want to confirm that I know what I'm doing with a few questions. So I'm guessing in order to use the front Master I/O board thats in my case that is used to control the fan speeds and case lights I will have to plug it into one of my usb plugs on my mobo? And then install a Nvidia GPU and I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Also I would need to update my Master I/O board bios along with getting the lastet ESA software from this link The 630i Resource Collective And lastly I ordered an NZXT cable kit for the wiring for my power button and hd lights. So I just want to make sure my understanding is correct because I want to be able to control my fan speed and case light like I did with the stock dell mobo. Thanks for your help in advance.

Post subject: Re: updating mobo - case lights and master I/O
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 1:51 am 

Ok I have the system up and running and I installed the Dell System Utilities ESA from that url and the Nvidia Control Panel does not have the options to manage my fans and my lights. So what am I missing?

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 8:20 am 

try light fx from alienware maybe that will work for the lights? as far as the fans go the m/b i assume would control a PWM fan...4pin 4 wire small connector...when plugged directly into m/b, there is probably a plug that says cpu fan, hdd fan or fan 1, fan2, if you plug them into there i assume they will at least be automatic, or get a fan controller those are always neat and a good way to get around nvidia's fan control,
also I know the asus boards are a bit different than the rest..did you use the factory I/O board...and did you plug into the I/O port(may not have)...would be written on the board somewhere near one of the connections

Q8300 Yorkfield-2.5Ghz-undecided
8GB OCZ SLi RAM-matched sets 2x4GB-5-4-4-15-24-(2T)-undecided-again...def cas 8
Dual EVGA Geforce 9800 GT- 1GB superclocked model-SLi enabledTwin GTX or Radeon--2GB cards this time
500GB WD HDD-x2 in RAID stripe--sees {1} 1TB HDD
DVD +/- RW drive
Integrated HD audio
Wi-Fi
26" led vizio tv

Post Posted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 5:04 pm 

You need the Nvidia System Tools. You don't need to install the performance monitor or system update that's part of the package.

Post Posted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:11 pm 

i actually ended up installing everything seperately, but in hindsight I should have just got the 'upgrader' downloaded and run it..it gives you everything. honestly I have gotten over fan control, I only use one PWM fan anymore, the rest run 100% all the time...but they are all under 30db so it's not loud. I removed 'performance' part of nvidia's setup as all it was doing was throwng me a 'blue screen of death' every couple of hours when I setup my rules...so bye bye nvidia performance it's stupid anyway and honestly for all the crap you have to deal with it's def not worth it. So my big 150cfm fan is getting a new sentry2 fan controller and the other 3 run right off the powersupply via 4pin molex connection..and my lights run strictly off Alienware FX2.0....umm you need the performance part of it for fans and lights

Q8300 Yorkfield-2.5Ghz-undecided
8GB OCZ SLi RAM-matched sets 2x4GB-5-4-4-15-24-(2T)-undecided-again...def cas 8
Dual EVGA Geforce 9800 GT- 1GB superclocked model-SLi enabledTwin GTX or Radeon--2GB cards this time
500GB WD HDD-x2 in RAID stripe--sees {1} 1TB HDD
DVD +/- RW drive
Integrated HD audio
Wi-Fi
26" led vizio tv

Post Posted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:11 pm 

Steam ID: dekan124
nupe123 wrote:
Hello guys I have an XPS 630i and I'm replacing the stock mobo with an ASUS Sabertooth 990FX I have read all the threads and I just want to confirm that I know what I'm doing with a few questions. So I'm guessing in order to use the front Master I/O board thats in my case that is used to control the fan speeds and case lights I will have to plug it into one of my usb plugs on my mobo? And then install a Nvidia GPU and I have an EVGA GeForce GTX 560 Also I would need to update my Master I/O board bios along with getting the lastet ESA software from this link The 630i Resource Collective And lastly I ordered an NZXT cable kit for the wiring for my power button and hd lights. So I just want to make sure my understanding is correct because I want to be able to control my fan speed and case light like I did with the stock dell mobo. Thanks for your help in advance.

You shouldn't have any probems with that aslong as you got the I/O board and fans with 4-pin connectors.

Read this: viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4145

HP 2309m 23" 2x | Western Digital 300Gb HDD
Seagate 1Tb Extern HDD | Windows 8 64 Bit
Steelseries medium mousepad | Creative Fatal1ty Headset
Razer Lachesis Gaming Mouse | Razer Lycosa Keyboard
Kingston v300 120gb SSD | Thrustmaster Joystick

Click Here To Check Out My Black Modded 630i

[ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Fan / Light / Master I/O / HDD Light / LightFX 2.0 Problems