Forum          FAQ

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Fan / Light / Master I/O / HDD Light / LightFX 2.0 Problems

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: What are the "normal" 630i temps supposed to be?
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:42 pm 

Hello-I just got my 630i (so far all is good using XP Pro) and installed the Dell Thermal and Nvidia ESA but have not used them yet or adjusted any fans. I was wondering what range is considered "normal" temps for these items.

Post subject: Re: What are the "normal" 630i temps supposed to be?
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:44 pm 

Hi there. Welcome to the 630i club...:) One bit of advice, I wouldn't use the dell thermal monitor, not very good. Which version of the ESA tools are you using? The best luck I've had is with version 6.03. Did you get your 630i used or new? Make sure your firmware's are up to date, such as the MIO firmware, it probably is, but you never know, and the bios is updated to the latest also. 1.0.13
Depending on which video card you have, I would use MSI Afterburner or EVGA Precision for fan control if you wish to do that. Personally I use MSI Afterburner. I currently have both front fans of my 630i set to 25% and my cpu fan set to 80% in the ESA tools. The noise doesn't bother me but it may some other people. I'm kinda old school and a quiet computer just bothers me...:) As far as normal case temps? I'm not sure, but max for the cpu temps on average I believe is around 70C, just depends which cpu you have. Max temps for nvidia gpu's are around 105C. My cpu loaded runs approximately 40-45C and with the new fan profile I set up in MSI Afterburner, my GTX 470 only runs about 75C max.

Kevin

8 GB of Corsair Ram
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS
EVGA GTX 660 Ti SC
and other standard stuff :D

Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:40 pm 

Thanks for the info! I just bought a 630i refurb from Dell Outlet with 20% off coupon and with 4MB, twin 500 GB HD's, Intel Q9550 (to be overclocked to 3.0ghz)and Nvidia GTX 280. Though am a big MSI graphic card fan since way back with my FX5900 (hacked to 5950). I even know the MSI big shots in Calif :) I just ordered a MSI N4600GTX Hawk Fermi Twin Frozr II 1GB and gonna sell that Dell GTX280 on Ebay. I got all my info here on this great web site so my XP Pro was updated with everything the Resource area said to do including ESA 6.03.

I'll do as you say and use MSI Afterburner. Do you have an MSI card? I was wondering if everyone uses Nvidia drivers or MSI drivers. Does your Afterburner work with Nvidia drivers?

PS-the morons at Dell put a Q9300 in mine and after spending a few hours on the phone they are sending someone to put the Q9550 in. They wouldnt allow just to send the part. How times have changed at Dell...5 years ago they preferred you put the processor in yourself.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:53 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

Well, if you are planning on overclocking that system, I have some bad news for you. The Q9X series processors in combination with the stock 630i motherboard = no overclocking. Period. It just wont happen.

Everything else looks good though. And +1 with Kevin on the apps.

2GB EVGA GeForce GTX 770 SC
Sound Blaster Recon3D Fatal1ty
512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:18 pm 

m3th0d1c4l wrote:
Well, if you are planning on overclocking that system, I have some bad news for you. The Q9X series processors in combination with the stock 630i motherboard = no overclocking. Period. It just wont happen.

Am I missing something? There is a bunch of stuff on the Resource Collection right here this forum on overclocking Q9XXX with the 630i (see below) including "CPU: Q9550 (2.83GHz to 3.103GHz), User: Jakeman66, RAM used: stock Kingston". Please clarify, thanks.

Quote:
From Dell Liaison Chris Mixon:

In the following list of XPS 630i Dell processors, only the Kentsfield Quad Core QX6850 and Yorkfield QX9650 (in bold text) are CPU multiplier unlocked. Those are the only processors in which you can adjust the CPU multiplier under the BIOS's Advanced -> Overclock Configuration screen. The Intel site might say something different, but Intel is not referring to Dell OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) processors. So, if your CPU multiplier is locked, you must use the FSB (Front Side Bus) to overclock the XPS 630i.

Yorkfield (Quad Core): Q8200, Q9300, QX9300, Q9400, Q9450, Q9550, Q9650. For locked processors:

Enter your BIOS by pressing F2 on startup.
Go to Advanced, and then CPU.
Disable C1E.
Disable SpeedStep.
Go to Advanced and then Overvoltage Configuration. Add incrementally to the FSB clock for the CPU. It may require a small increase to FSB VTT of not more than one or two available increasable values in the BIOS settings.
Press F10 to exit and save these settings to CMOS by pressing Enter to accept the default "Y".
Be sure to test the stability of your overclock settings and system by running either O.C.C.T. for one hour using the mix of tests or Prime95 for 10-12 hours overnight. O.C.C.T. is more stringent, so it can perform the tests much faster (your temps may also be higher when running O.C.C.T.). Seeing as they use different algorithms, you may also want to run both to be thorough.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:02 am 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

Trust me on this, its just not possible. Some people have gotten maybe 100-300Mhz out of it at the MOST if they are extremely lucky with the quality of the board they got, others will OC even 1Mhz and it will not POST no matter what. If you call 100-300Mhz an overclock, then I just dont know what to say. :wtf: There is no point in an OC with such small magnitude. You wont notice a difference, that is, if you can even get that much out of it.

You can ask any other Guru here on the forum, and you will get the same answer. Better yet, you can give it a shot and see for yourself if you dont believe me. And Chris' level of knowledge on the 630i and 730x is almost 0 compared to what we know. We here at this forum are the ones who truly know the 630i inside and out. :D

You can OC on that motherboard with any other Core 2 Duo/Quad CPU, just nothing from the Q9000 series CPUs. But again, those other CPUs do have limits on the stock board. For example, the majority of users with the stock motherboard and a Q6600 usually dont get much higher than about 3.0-3.2GHz, whereas an aftermarket board can get it up to 3.8GHz+ (with the right cooling). Aftermarket boards tend to allow a much higher OC than the stock board (not to mention less problems :rofl:).

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:37 am 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

Steam ID: fasterrhoads
siffert wrote:
Thanks for the info! I just bought a 630i refurb from Dell Outlet with 20% off coupon and with 4MB, twin 500 GB HD's, Intel Q9550 (to be overclocked to 3.0ghz)and Nvidia GTX 280. Though am a big MSI graphic card fan since way back with my FX5900 (hacked to 5950). I even know the MSI big shots in Calif :) I just ordered a MSI N4600GTX Hawk Fermi Twin Frozr II 1GB and gonna sell that Dell GTX280 on Ebay. I got all my info here on this great web site so my XP Pro was updated with everything the Resource area said to do including ESA 6.03.

I'll do as you say and use MSI Afterburner. Do you have an MSI card? I was wondering if everyone uses Nvidia drivers or MSI drivers. Does your Afterburner work with Nvidia drivers?

PS-the morons at Dell put a Q9300 in mine and after spending a few hours on the phone they are sending someone to put the Q9550 in. They wouldnt allow just to send the part. How times have changed at Dell...5 years ago they preferred you put the processor in yourself.

m3th0d1c4l is correct, to overclock any Q9XXX series CPU you will need a new mobo. I found this out the hard way: many hours on the phne with Dell's XPS Support team, research and talking to a few Dell engineers. Nvidia Performance tools/ESA will not help either and if you do decide to oc your CPU I strongly suggest removing that software from your pc, its junk.

New Case Coming: Intel Core i7 980-X @4.5GHz*EVGA X58 E770 Classified 3 Way*Corsair H100 4 Scythe Fans Push/Pull*Mushkin Redline 6GBs 1600Mhz*EVGA GTX 570SC*WD Velociraptor 600GB*Lamptron Fan Controller Touch*Enermax Galaxy EVO 1250W Sleeved*Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate*

New O.C. 5.13.11

Previous CPU:

BIOS Templates

Supported PhysX Games
Click Here

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:26 am 

m3th0d1c4l wrote:
Trust me on this, its just not possible. Some people have gotten maybe 100-300Mhz out of it at the MOST if they are extremely lucky with the quality of the board they got, others will OC even 1Mhz and it will not POST no matter what. If you call 100-300Mhz an overclock, then I just dont know what to say. :wtf: There is no point in an OC with such small magnitude. You wont notice a difference, that is, if you can even get that much out of it.

Thanks much for the info. I spent some time today reading old posts here and now see what you were correctly talking about. Though I remember the old Pentium days when an overclock from 180 mhz to 200 mhz was a big deal. So my going from 2.83 to 3.00 was considered by me a small but clever victory by not having to buy a Q9650. Anyways, I much appreciate the tips and for sure I now wont try that in the bios. :wink: Worse comes to worse, I'll buy a Q9650 and sell the Q9550 on Ebay. I am not intending to be a smart aleck, but there is something (mental deficiency? :crazy: ) rewarding about reaching 3.00 ghz for me. Honestly, I could care less about going any higher, seeing as no stock core2 quad/extreme ever went in the 630i higher than 3.0 ghz. While I completely understand your wtf viewpoint, we only disagree on what is considered an "overclock". cheers.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:34 am 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

siffert wrote:
Thanks much for the info. I spent some time today reading old posts here and now see what you were correctly talking about. Though I remember the old Pentium days when an overclock from 180 mhz to 200 mhz was a big deal. So my going from 2.83 to 3.00 was considered by me a small but clever victory by not having to buy a Q9650. Anyways, I much appreciate the tips and for sure I now wont try that in the bios. :wink: Worse comes to worse, I'll buy a Q9650 and sell the Q9550 on Ebay. I am not intending to be a smart aleck, but there is something (mental deficiency? :crazy: ) rewarding about reaching 3.00 ghz for me. Honestly, I could care less about going any higher, seeing as no stock core2 quad/extreme ever went in the 630i higher than 3.0 ghz. While I completely understand your wtf viewpoint, we only disagree on what is considered an "overclock". cheers.

I too remember those days with the pentium processors.....man are they slow, especially compared to todays components. :rofl:

But in all honesty, instead of shelling out that much $$ for a Q9650, why not spend less than half and get an EVGA/XFX 780i motherboard? It will save you much trouble in the future, and give you the ability to OC as you please. Plus its a plug and play motherboard, everything from Dell will swap right over to it.

Then you can just keep the dell mobo for warranty purposes. Just my 2 cents.

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:10 am 

Quote:
But in all honesty, instead of shelling out that much $$ for a Q9650, why not spend less than half and get an EVGA/XFX 780i motherboard? It will save you much trouble in the future, and give you the ability to OC as you please. Plus its a plug and play motherboard, everything from Dell will swap right over to it. Then you can just keep the dell mobo for warranty purposes. Just my 2 cents.

OK..lets talk mobo's. What's the pro and cons of the 780i versus the 750i and 790i?

Also I read here that Alien fx? something software wont work in a non Dell mobo, so not "everything" that's Dell will swap. :lol: Just kidding.

PS-I still have (and all working like clockwork) my Compaq Deskpro 286e, DeskPro (486) 66 "M", Deskpro XL 6200 (overclocked), DeskPro 6000 (333mhz), Deskpro EN (850 mhz), Dell Dimension 4600 (3.4 ghz), Dell Dimension 4700 (3.8 ghz) and the Dell (From Hell) 630i.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:03 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

The 750i and 780i are almost identical. Only differences mainly are the capability of overclocking (780i can OC much higher), and the 780i has 1 or 2 more internal USB headers on the motherboard. which is needed for all the connections inside. The 750i I believe only has 1, which would leave you with the decision of connecting either the AlienFX board or your front USB ports. So I would recommend the 780i.

The 790i is practically identical to the 780i, but the memory on the 790i needs to be DDR3. So your stock RAM will not swap over to it, as it is DDR2.

The AlienFX software will not work on the system anymore, but if you use the Nvidia Performance Tools (ESA), you can still control your lights, fans, etc.

Those Dell dimensions were built like tanks.....I remember those units. Not like the systems today that have the potential to break more often. Maybe it was the quality of the components back in the day....

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:25 pm 

Thanks much for your info and help. If I cant go to 3.0ghz with my stock mobo, I'll then take your advice, keep the Q9550, go 780i and maybe even up the ghz more. Thanks again!

Post Posted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:40 pm 

Well, I got my Q9550 from Dell to replace the Q9300 they put in by mistake?. It was refurbished and I did get it to go to 3.00mhz just by raising FSB to 353 in Nvidia Control Panel. However, it flunked those OCCT and Prime95 tests in a few minutes. However, I put it back to stock and it still flunked those tests the same way! So bye bye to that refurbished Dell Q9550 part and bought myself an E8600 that I going to bump up to 3.6mhz.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:27 am 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

siffert wrote:
Well, I got my Q9550 from Dell to replace the Q9300 they put in by mistake?. It was refurbished and I did get it to go to 3.00mhz just by raising FSB to 353 in Nvidia Control Panel. However, it flunked those OCCT and Prime95 tests in a few minutes. However, I put it back to stock and it still flunked those tests the same way! So bye bye to that refurbished Dell Q9550 part and bought myself an E8600 that I going to bump up to 3.6mhz.

The reason it "flunked" any test is because oc'ing in the Nvidia Control Panel ie. Nvidia Performance is not a true oc! Your Q9550 (Dell did not give you a refurb'd CPU) is most likely perfect and will perform quite well in another mobo. The OEM mobo coupled with a Q9xxx series CPU cannot achieve any oc in BIOS.

If you want to oc, then buy another mobo, install it and oc the Q9550.

New Case Coming: Intel Core i7 980-X @4.5GHz*EVGA X58 E770 Classified 3 Way*Corsair H100 4 Scythe Fans Push/Pull*Mushkin Redline 6GBs 1600Mhz*EVGA GTX 570SC*WD Velociraptor 600GB*Lamptron Fan Controller Touch*Enermax Galaxy EVO 1250W Sleeved*Windows 7 64Bit Ultimate*

New O.C. 5.13.11

Previous CPU:

BIOS Templates

Supported PhysX Games
Click Here

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 6:57 am 

fastrhoads wrote:
The reason it "flunked" any test is because oc'ing in the Nvidia Control Panel ie. Nvidia Performance is not a true oc! Your Q9550 (Dell did not give you a refurb'd CPU) is most likely perfect and will perform quite well in another mobo. The OEM mobo coupled with a Q9xxx series CPU cannot achieve any oc in BIOS. If you want to oc, then buy another mobo, install it and oc the Q9550.

Well, by "refurbished" (that's Dell's chosen word describing it, not mine) is that it was sent to me in prior USED condition, not new/unused out out the box. So too, that USED chip also flunked those tests in stock form (no oc'ing either by bios or Nvida panel) which I dont think you can blame on the oem board. Ie: any new Q9xxx series chip would seem to me to be able to pass those tests in stock form (ie: no oc'ing) on the 650i board.

2x WD Caviar Blue 500GB 7200 RPM HDD's, Dell Floppy Drive
Plextor 716SA & 755SA DL DVD/CD Drives
OCZ Vendetta CPU Heatsink/Fan, Rexus PWM 60MM NB Fan
Cooler Master 92MM Exhaust Fan, Delta AFC1212D-PWM 120mm Case Fans
Creative SB X-FI Extreme Gamer PCI Audio Card
Antec High Current Pro 1200 PSU, EVGA Power Booster
Windows XP Pro SP3-Drive 0, Windows 7 Pro SP1-Drive 1

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:38 am 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

I would suggest that whether the CPU is new or had been in another system doesn't mean the CPU is bad. Flunking, not passing OCCT, Prime95, LinPack doesn't single out the CPU, there are a variety of things that could prevent a pc from passing.

Download a temp monitoring app such as this: http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/18 ... _3.60.html and see where your temps come in at. Unfortunately, the 630 case is not the best for moving air so things do get a little warm inside.

I would recommend a rear fan, 92mm that would be used for exhausting warm air.

Before you go through a bunch of trouble, download the above app and monitor the CPU core temps. If you can take a pic and post here in the thread so I can see whats happening.

I hold more confidence in the CPU than the mobo. It very well might be that the CPU got damaged in some way, that is possible. But the Dell mobo is junk so either way I would still replace it as soon as time/money permits.

New O.C. 5.13.11

Previous CPU:

BIOS Templates

Supported PhysX Games
Click Here

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:17 am 

I do use SpeedFan and HW Monitor for monitoring temps and do have an Antec Tricool 92mm rear case exhaust fan as well. My core temps, gpu, mainboard etc. were all below 55c during those tests and just prior to flunking. Oh well, despite those flunked tests, the system plays games A-OK at "Nvidia OC 3.0 Ghz" with nary a problem. In fact, I have yet to have a lock-up or BSOD with the stock 630i using XP Pro. Still, the writing is on the wall (after all, you have plenty of company here when you say the oem board is junk :lol: ) and I am in the process of buying an EVGA 780i FTW. I am still wary of that used Q9550 from Dell and got a "new/unused" E8600 on the way too. Thanks for your help.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:34 am 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

The EVGA 780FTW is a winner, so great find on that. :cool:

Are you using the Nvidia software to control your front fans and the CPU fan?

What do you use Speedfan to monitor?

HW Monitor is good.

For a good stable oc, the Nvidia performance is got to go. This software does more harm than good. It looks cool but beyond allowing you to change the case lights and adjust the fan speeds it really is worthless.

Once you get the mobo, then post back and we will guide you through some settings in BIOS.

Good luck

New O.C. 5.13.11

Previous CPU:

BIOS Templates

Supported PhysX Games
Click Here

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:51 pm 

fastrhoads wrote:
Are you using the Nvidia software to control your front fans nd the CPU fan? What do you use Speedfan to monitor? For a good stable oc, the Nvidia performance is got to go. This software does more harm than good. It looks cool but beyond allowing you to change the case lights and adjust the fan speeds it really is worthless. Once you get the mobo, then post back and we will guide you through some settings in BIOS. Good luck

Yes, I use Nvidia software to control the fans (and MSI Afterburner to control the GPU fan) and I use SpeedFan to show the temps. I use that Alien FX to control the lights. I understand you should OC via Bios, but in the meantime I used Nvidia panel to slightly OC my Q9550. Thanks for future help OC'ing with the EVGA FTW bios.

Post Posted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:01 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

Yea I agree with Fastrhoads on the CPU. Technically, you cannot refurbish a CPU. Once its dead, its done. It costs Intel and AMD way more to fix a broken CPU than to just manufacture a new one, hence, why they both just send you brand new CPUs when you RMA with them.

I would almost bet money that CPU has 0 problems. Check the voltages in the BIOS to make sure they are set properly. If you undervolt/overvolt a CPU, that can also cause failures in OCCT/Prime95 etc.

I would definitely keep the Q9550 until you try a new motherboard. Usually if anything ever goes wrong in a 630i, we always blame the motherboard because it probably causes 90% of the issues.

And do NOT overclock with that Nvidia software. Like Fastrhoads said....it does more harm than good. Any true and stable OC is performed from the BIOS.

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:44 am 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

Nvidia Performance is showing you a false oc. Unless CPU-Z's software has changed drastically, the oc you have done will not be recognized. Meaning this: you ... I did the same thing, back when I first got my 630 I was under the illusion that Nvidia's Performance Tool was giving me an oc. I could increase the FSB to 365 and @ 366 the system would lock. The only true way to oc your CPU is to go into BIOS (and not the Nvidia Performance Tool BIOS screen) and increase the FSB, that's it.

Since you have MSI GPU's then I would recommend using their app for adjusting fans speeds and oc'ing the cards if the software allows. EVGA has a software called Precison Tool and can also monitor the GPU for various things and oc as well.

The other software utilites you have we can discuss later once you get the mobo.

Good luck

New O.C. 5.13.11

Previous CPU:

BIOS Templates

Supported PhysX Games
Click Here

Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:27 am 

fastrhoads wrote:
Nvidia Performance is showing you a false oc. Unless CPU-Z's software has changed drastically, the oc you have done will not be recognized. Meaning this: you ... I did the same thing, back when I first got my 630 I was under the illusion that Nvidia's Performance Tool was giving me an oc. I could increase the FSB to 365 and @ 366 the system would lock.

??? CPU-Z clearly shows 3001.4 Mhz and 351.0 Mhz Bus Speed via version 1.55 so I dont see how Nvidia Performance is speaking with forked tongue. Ditto with my 3DMark06, Core Temp and Everest Ultimate Edition showing "CPU Clock--3000.6 MHz (original: 2833 MHz, overclock: 6%)".

In other news, I bought that EVGA 780i FTW and should be here late next week. Is there any "step by step" on this forum about putting it in? Also, been reading about mobo swaps here and I keep reading about having to reinstall the OS. Why is that? Similar board, same/similar drivers, same Xp Pro on hard drive, so whats' the problem?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:33 am 

m3th0d1c4l wrote:
I would almost bet money that CPU has 0 problems. Check the voltages in the BIOS to make sure they are set properly. If you undervolt/overvolt a CPU, that can also cause failures in OCCT/Prime95 etc.
I would definitely keep the Q9550 until you try a new motherboard. Usually if anything ever goes wrong in a 630i, we always blame the motherboard because it probably causes 90% of the issues.

Thanks for the advice, I'll check the voltages and will hold on to the Q9550 to try (and compare with the E8600) in the EVGA 780i FTW.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:11 am 

I checked my bios voltages and I think something is wrong. btw-I never played with them in the bios nor played played with bios settings in the "bios" part of
Nvidia Performance. The CPU core at 1.45 as it came from Dell Outlet I think is at least one of them out of whack?

CPU default voltage 1.2750v greyed out
CPU Core AUTO Current Value 1.4500v
CPU FSB AUTO Current Value 1.40v
Memory Voltage AUTO Current Value 1.85v
Chipset Voltage AUTO Current Value 1.25v

I changed the core voltage in that Nvidia panel "device settings" from 1.275 to 1.30 (along with fsb to 353) when I did my overclock and did not touch the CPU GFL Vref Boost core voltages which currently show core 1 as .959v, core 2, 3 and 4 as .671. Any thoughts?

Post Posted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:26 pm 
Tech Guru
Tech Guru

This is the beginning of the Nvidia Performance problems here.....

Your BIOS is actually set for some reason to have 1.45Vcore on the CPU, which is a LOT, and beyond Intel Spec. Its recommended never to go beyond 1.3625 (or something like that) on the Core 2 Quad CPUs. :shock:

So, what you should do first, is uninstall Nvidia Performance (because if you dont, it will revert it back in the BIOS again, which will make it as if you did nothing lol). Then once it is uninstalled, it will ask you if you want to save any profiles.......click NO. Delete any profiles.

After that is done, go into the BIOS, and set the CPU Vcore to 1.2750V, and the CPU FSB to 1.3Vcore. The rest of those voltages look ok....for now. Once that is done, press F10 (I think) to save and exit the BIOS. The system should reboot. Then once you are in Windows, first check your CPU temps...they should be a bit lower. Also, try running Prime95 and/or OCCT again. See how it performs and check for stability. :goodluck:

And I would hold off on installing the Performance app until you at least get the new motherboard. Also, with the new motherboard, you can actually get your CPU Vcore even lower at stock speeds, to maybe around 1.20V. And if all you want to OC is to 3.00GHz, then you wont even need to really change any voltages at all.

But we will do that once you get the motherboard. :D

512GB Samsung 840 SSD
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

[ 46 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Fan / Light / Master I/O / HDD Light / LightFX 2.0 Problems