Forum          FAQ

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Other » Where to File a Complaint About Your Dell XPS 630i / 630

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Class Action
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:55 pm 

Going on vacation friday will be back on tuesday. When I get back I am going to see a lawyer here in Texas to see if thier firm would be interested in taking this case. They specialize in large corporate lawsuits. I don't know if the case would be worth it to them or not I assume Dell would be held responsible for thier law fees. I don't know I have not had much experience with lawsuits. May need a compilation of screenshots from the DCF to present the case. If someone could post the screens in a thread that would be nice.

Post subject: Re: Class Action
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:56 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

You're welcome to use any of the screenshots from the Collective (if those would be helpful to you):

http://www.my630i.com/resources/issues.html

Dell XPS 8700 | Core i7 4770 3.4GHz | BIOS A11 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 Sniper 1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC | Dell S2340M 23" IPS LED | Seasonic 650W M12II-650 | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | ASUS DRW-24B1ST | Logitech G100S | Dell SK-8135 keyboard | Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:32 am 

Well I found a site that has some really good tips for those of you in the US on how to complain about Dell. Not sure if this is old news to you folk but I'll post it just in case it's not common knowledge. Sadly, I'm in Canada so I wouldn't be able to do any of these things. :cry:

Consumers can file a complaint against Dell with the Texas Attorney General's office. You do not have to be a Texas resident to file a complaint. The Attorney General does not take action on individual complaints, however, if they get enough of them, they can file a class action suit on behalf of consumers. They need to see repeated violations of federal and/or state law before they can take action. Anyone who has complained to Dell, should also file a complaint with the Texas Attorney General's office to get it on record. The web page asks for a county - Dell is in Williamson county. See also Filling Out the Consumer Complaint Form.

Dell customers should also file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau in Dell's place of business.

And a reader of Jeff Jarvis's August 17, 2005 blog made this suggestion about Dell complaints: "...if you really want to get to the folks at Dell, you might want to send a head-up to the people at the Austin American-Statesman. Since Dell is headquartered in nearby Round Rock, any sort of story or blurb in that paper or on their website (www.austin360.com) about growing dissatisfaction with Dell due to poor customer service would be seen not only by the firms executives, but by thousands of the company’s employees, who might help put some internal pressure on Dell to clean up its act."

Certified and Restricted By Ed Foster, January 17th, 2006. Quoting: "When you've got a real beef with a company, does it help to write a letter to the CEO? The GripeLog has heard testimony on both sides of that question, but one reader recently made an interesting point. If you're going go to the trouble of writing a company's big cheese, make sure you send the letter certified and restricted."

That information was taken from Gripes about Dell Computers - a.k.a. Dell Hell They have some really good info on contacting people toward the bottom of the page as well. Another good resource I found is Dell Sucks. Again a lot of info to go through but some useful tidbits to be had.

The common theme I found on a few sites now is to make complaints about Dell in their hometown I.E. The BBB, The AG, The Press. Maybe some local affiliates of the major networks in Dell's hometown of Round Rock would be interested in some of Dell's unscrupulous business practises. Not sure if any of this will be helpful for my fellow 630 owners in the US but there ya go. :)

Here are some local media sites as well.
Community Impact Newspaper
Round Rock News (Web News?)

Nvidia 8800gt on PCIe 16x locked @ 8 lanes
320GB HD with Extra Bright Pulsing Dell LED
ESA via Master I/O board firmware v22
LightFX 2.0 vaporware not installed due to incompatibility with ESA Master I/O

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:14 am 

Delluded = gone.

Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:14 am, edited 3 times in total.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:16 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Nice! Yes, please count me in on any class action lawsuit. People like him deserve medals...and that's NO joke!! There are way too many people getting ripped off these days, and it's about time someone (with the means) took them to task. In fact, I'll be getting a check soon from GM because they lost a CA suit due to their corrosive Dexcool coolant screwing up various GM vehicles.

Dell XPS 8700 | Core i7 4770 3.4GHz | BIOS A11 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 Sniper 1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC | Dell S2340M 23" IPS LED | Seasonic 650W M12II-650 | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | ASUS DRW-24B1ST | Logitech G100S | Dell SK-8135 keyboard | Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

Post Posted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:14 pm 

Let me just say, Im proud to have all of you as friends on these forums. At first I thought i might be alone in fighting Dell because of the complacency that people have these days, but I was wrong =D

And certainly Getting Chris_M to say " no we arent giving you what you paid for " on the forums was doing my bit ;)

[ 6 posts ] 

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Other » Where to File a Complaint About Your Dell XPS 630i / 630