Forum          FAQ

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Other » Where to File a Complaint About Your Dell XPS 630i / 630

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Interesting New Call From Dell
 Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:34 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Steam ID: davbow
I know that there is a animated example of lghts flashing on a 630i that was posted at Dell's sales site at one time - I think a movie is in the Resource Collective.

Intel i7 950 @ 3.9 GHz
MSI 560 Ti Twin Frozr x2 SLI @ 950 mhz
Gigabyte X58A-UD5
6 GB of Corsair memory (timings unknown atm)
H50 CPU cooler
DF-85 Chasis
3dMark11 P7800 at stock speed, P8643 overclocked

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:49 pm 

i dont no why everyone is so worry about the lightfx2.0 or false stuff because just go to wiki and type in dell and go all the way to the bottom...here we go

Lawsuits and other legal action

* In 2005, Dell began the construction of a facility in Winston-Salem, North Carolina.[70] Many claims emerged that Dell had used unfair practices to obtain huge incentives.[71] Dell Inc. fought a lawsuit which the court system later dismissed.[72]

* In October 2005, Dell filed a lawsuit in a Paris court to sue Minorca-based independent website-designer Paul Dell of "Dellimages" for engaging in “parasitism and unfair competition”. This related to his company website "DellWebsites".[citation needed]

* On January 31, 2007, some shareholders filed a lawsuit accusing Dell and Intel of conspiring, and accusing Dell executives (including Michael Dell) of options-backdating and of propped financial reports.[73] Specific allegations claimed that:
o Dell had received kickbacks from Intel to maintain Intel exclusivity
o Dell had used the funds to prop up its sales-figures
o Dell reduced the period and scope of its warranties and cut corners on manufacturing and testing in order to funnel additional funds to sales; causing the stock-price to inflate to around $40 per share
o once stock-prices had peaked, several Dell executives, including Michael Dell, sold massive amounts of their personal stock-holdings to benefit from the artificially inflated stock-price

* On February 8, 2007, seven current and former workers at a call-center in Roseburg, Oregon sued the computer-maker, saying the company worked its sales reps "off the clock", failed to provide proper rest-breaks and improperly recorded their lunch-periods.[74] Moves have begun to turn the case into a class action. Dell suddenly closed down the facility at Roseburg, Oregon on August 2, 2007.[75] The facility had consisted of computer and electronics sales-agents and of customer-service representatives.

* In March 2007 an article titled "Computer Giant Faces Consumer Lawsuit Consumers Allege They Didn't Get the Tech Support They Paid For" appeared on an ABC News website.[76] "Part of the suit claims that though Dell gave the impression of an "award-winning service" available to consumers "24 hours a day, seven days a week", consumers faced "nightmarish obstacles" to get help and technical service for their computers. New York Attorney General Andrew Cuomo said that New York had received 700 complaints about Dell — more than the number of complaints for any other related subject.

* In May 2007, Andrew Cuomo filed a lawsuit against Dell for "false advertising and deceptive business practices, including offering misleading financing, and failing to honor rebates, warranties and service contracts." [3] Dell spokesman Bob Pearson portrayed the lawsuit as based on only a small portion of Dell's customers and as in no way reflecting the way the company treats its customers. Dell's hardware-warranty contract says that customers must troubleshoot over the phone — including possibly opening the computer — before Dell will send a technical service provider to replace a part. On May 27, 2008, State Supreme Court Justice Joseph Teresi required that Dell clarify its financing and warranty criteria, saying the computer maker engaged in fraud, false advertising, deceptive business and abusive debt-collection practices.[77] Parties have filed more than 1,000 additional complaints with the attorney general's office since the initial filing of the lawsuit in May 2007.[78]

* On December 5, 2007, Typhoon Touch Technologies filed a lawsuit naming Dell inc. along with other defendants, and alleging patent-violations over Dell's use of touch-screen technology.[79]

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:50 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Yes, I think this is the one you're thinking of:

http://www.gregdonner.org/630i/lightfx.avi

Dell XPS 8700 | Core i7 4770 3.4GHz | BIOS A11 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 Sniper 1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC | Dell S2340M 23" IPS LED | Seasonic 650W M12II-650 | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | ASUS DRW-24B1ST | Logitech G100S | Dell SK-8135 keyboard | Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:51 pm 

XPS 630 - This desktop fills the gap between the media-oriented XPS 420 and the high-end XPS 730. It is also known as the XPS 630i. There is no difference between the 630 and the 630i. It features a Dell-modified NVIDIA nForce 650i chipset that supports both SLI and CrossFire configurations, but lacks ESA certification (the only ESA-certified component in the 630i is Dell's I/O control PCB).[1] The XPS 630 comes standard with an Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU and one NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT graphics card. The 600 was once the top XPS desktop. Currently, there are several issues with the XPS 630 including problems with the chassis fan control, LED lights, LightFX 2.0 lightshow control software being advertised but never shipped[2], irreversibly limited PCIe slot configuration (8,8,1,1 unlike genuine Nvidia 650i SLI motherboards which also offer the 16,1,1,1 configuration), constant HDD activity light, and lack of SLI memory support. Dell has indicated that they are working on solutions to several of these issues.[3] The problems and issues are currently being examined on the Dell Customer Forums [4] and by a group of XPS 630 owners at my630i.com, but no working fixes for the problems have been released by Dell. The problems have also resulted in PC PRO revoking their Recommended award for the system.[5] Several 630 owners claim to have fixed some of the above problems by utilizing an unmodified and ESA-certified board such as the nForce 790i SLI, or 680i SLI; however, this fix has not been confirmed by Dell. Dell now offers a single 9800 GT graphics card or two in an SLI configuration. It is important to note that the PCI-e slots on the XPS 630 run at 8x, even in a single card configuration. Dell does NOT include an SLI bridge if you purchase the system with only one card.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:53 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Steam ID: davbow
Hrmmm . . . I wonder how that info got into the Wiki?

:lol:

Intel i7 950 @ 3.9 GHz
MSI 560 Ti Twin Frozr x2 SLI @ 950 mhz
Gigabyte X58A-UD5
6 GB of Corsair memory (timings unknown atm)
H50 CPU cooler
DF-85 Chasis
3dMark11 P7800 at stock speed, P8643 overclocked

[ 30 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Other » Where to File a Complaint About Your Dell XPS 630i / 630