Forum          FAQ

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Other » Where to File a Complaint About Your Dell XPS 630i / 630

[ 7 posts ] 
 Post subject: My patience draws close to an end.
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:38 am 

Well it seems Dell plans to continue on with it's deceptive advertising practises. It has now been well over two months since Dell was informed that what they are advertising does not accurately reflect what is actually delivered to the customer. Only the LightFX 2.0 has been taken down so far and that took long enough but the nVidia nForce 650i SLI and PCI 16e 16x specs still remain. There has been no mention of any form of compensation for not delivering LightFX 2.0 or for misrepresenting the specs of the 630. To add insult to injury it also seems that Dell intends to continue to give us the run around with false promises and double talk. I am quickly approaching the limit of my patience with this crap. My intention of buying a computer from Dell was not to purchase a work in progress but to have a finished product.

I will be giving Dell until next Tuesday to contact me regarding the letter of complaint I sent in and to provide a satisfactory resolution to the matters at hand. My plan after Tuesday is to contact some Canadian and US television shows as well as some magazine publishers and let them know about Dell's false advertising campaign. I think it will draw some interest considering the recent ruling against Dell in New York for false advertising. I will put some links here if others would like to join me in getting the word out about Dell.

Canadian Shows
W-Five
The Fifth Estate
Macleans
Better Business Bureau(Canada)

US
60 Minutes
Dateline and NBC News
Newsweek
Time
Better Business Bureau(US)
Consumer Reports
Federal Trade Commission Bureau of Consumer Protection

I am also considering using The Squeaky Wheel to get the word out. It's five bucks but may be worth it. Any thoughts?

Enough is enough. Dell needs to take responsibility for it's actions and sadly it seems they need to be forced to do so.

Edit: July 5/08-Added BBB, FTC & Consumer Reports links and The SqueakyWheel.com info.

Nvidia 8800gt on PCIe 16x locked @ 8 lanes
320GB HD with Extra Bright Pulsing Dell LED
ESA via Master I/O board firmware v22
LightFX 2.0 vaporware not installed due to incompatibility with ESA Master I/O

Last edited by Drange on Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: My patience draws close to an end.
 Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:52 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Very well said, and I think your idea of garnering some greater media attention is a very good one. Sadly, I suspect that's what it will take with Dell. Might it also help to add Consumer Reports and the Better Business Bureau to the list?

Some kind of press kit/release would be handy--if something along those lines doesn't already exist, I'm more than willing to work on it.

Dell XPS 8700 | Core i7 4770 3.4GHz | BIOS A11 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 Sniper 1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC | Dell S2340M 23" IPS LED | Seasonic 650W M12II-650 | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | ASUS DRW-24B1ST | Logitech G100S | Dell SK-8135 keyboard | Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:46 pm 

Yeah I was thinking of the BBB as well. Hadn't even considered Consumer Reports but it's also a really good idea. Maybe we could get a collaboration going and come up with a press kit/release.

I'm not sure if it's just me but Chris_M's activity on DCF has really diminished and he seems to be losing his impartiality. His comments of late have been borderline ignorant lately. Anyone else getting that feeling?

If anyone else can think of some more places to contact let me know and I'll update the list in the first post.

Post Posted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:59 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Steam ID: davbow
Drange wrote:
I'm not sure if it's just me but Chris_M's activity on DCF has really diminished and he seems to be losing his impartiality. His comments of late have been borderline ignorant lately. Anyone else getting that feeling?

I am not trying to be flippant, but I sort of imagine that Chris is bailing water from a fast sinking ship. Sometimes it is better to stop bailing and get the heck off . . .

Intel i7 950 @ 3.9 GHz
MSI 560 Ti Twin Frozr x2 SLI @ 950 mhz
Gigabyte X58A-UD5
6 GB of Corsair memory (timings unknown atm)
H50 CPU cooler
DF-85 Chasis
3dMark11 P7800 at stock speed, P8643 overclocked

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:41 am 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

IMO (and no disrespect to him personally), but Chris is a puppet of Dell--he works for them; he is extremely limited in what he can/cannot say on the boards. I suspect that off the record, he has about as much respect for Dell as we do (barring the pay check they send him).

Dell XPS 8700 | Core i7 4770 3.4GHz | BIOS A11 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 Sniper 1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC | Dell S2340M 23" IPS LED | Seasonic 650W M12II-650 | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | ASUS DRW-24B1ST | Logitech G100S | Dell SK-8135 keyboard | Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:47 am 

I'd imagine Chris is very frustrated with the whole 630 situation. His posts just seem "combative" now, for lack of a better term, compared to even a few weeks ago.

Post Posted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:06 pm 

I like the idea going to media. I would like to join if I could :P. About the false ads they are making. I never got the "up to 4GB of Dominator memory". I got some lousy unclockable standard modules and not to mention the stupid motherboard. Buying from Dell isn't a cheap and smart solution.

4GB Corsair CL4 EPP
3x320GB + 500GB HDD 7200rpm
SB X-FI XtremeGamer (fake?)
BenQ E2400 HD 24" FullHD 1920x1080 (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED)
Windows XP, Windows Vista & Windows 7 beta build 7022
(Finally not Dellified!)
17470 3DMarks

[ 7 posts ] 

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Other » Where to File a Complaint About Your Dell XPS 630i / 630