Forum          FAQ

Board index » General Discussions » New Members - Introduce Yourself!

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: New Member!! Roll Tide everyone!
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:57 am 

Hi everyone, My name is Braden, I live in Alabama and I'm also proud to be alumni of the U of A. I'm a noob to this forum but I like to say I'm experienced when it comes to computers for the most part. I have a Dell XPS 630i that I bought many years ago when it first came out and it still runs strong.

Windows 7 ultimate
Dual NVIDIA 670's SLI
Stock MOBO
240gb Kingston Hyper X SSD
750gb HDD
Intel Quad Core Q6600 stock CPU OC'd to 3.4ghz- took MANY days to find a stable OC
8gb DDR2 PC2-8500 Crucial Ram
Placed an exhaust fan in the back.
Two 42" Samsung tv's for monitors

That is basically all I have done to this computer. Everything is stock besides the SSD, Graphic Cards, RAM, and the exhaust fan. I use stock cooling with CPU fan at 66%, and the HDD and PCI (front two fans) at 26%. Temps stay around 30-35 celsius unless I'm playing any game.

I am very glad I came across this forum as I have needed help or questions answered too many times too count. Plz let me know what you think about my setup and your opinions on how I could make my upgrades better or just any suggestions period. Thanks everyone!! :D

Post subject: Re: New Member!! Roll Tide everyone!
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:14 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Welcome Brizzlethon! You're one of the unique group that's managed to get one or more SSDs working with the stock mobo. :) You've got quite a system! The only suggestion I would give (as I'm sure any of our gurus or group who have done this would) is to swap out your mobo for something newer, and watch your performance skyrocket--you won't regret it!

Dell XPS 8700 | Core i7 4770 3.4GHz | BIOS A11 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 Sniper 1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC | Dell S2340M 23" IPS LED | Seasonic 650W M12II-650 | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | ASUS DRW-24B1ST | Logitech G100S | Dell SK-8135 keyboard | Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

[ 2 posts ] 

Board index » General Discussions » New Members - Introduce Yourself!