Forum          FAQ

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Dell XPS 630i / XPS 630 Resource Collective » Resource Collective Discussion

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: IDE to SATA on Nvidia 650i SLI mobo to add second Samsung Dr
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2011 8:39 pm 

Steam ID: 2bodi
I have a pioneer BDR206 drive and want to add an older Samsung SHB083 that has Lightscribe. My card slots are filled with Audigy, ATI Theater 650, EVGA 450SC (2) in SLI.

I tried to convert the IDE to SATA using and IDE to SATA adapter to the Samsung drive. The Bios show 0 for primary and slave and the the drive is not recognized in W7 64 or Vista32. I think the adapter and its four pin power connector appears to be okay(But there are only two wires-blk and red to the Molex Bay 2 connector). Would I need to get a 4 pin molex to drive female extension cable with 4 wires instead? Not sure if more wires would increase the power to the drive.

Is this conversion possible? Should there be more than two wires in the four pin connector included with the adapter? ( The 40 pin IDE port adapter claims to support ATA 100/133 and compliant with SATA specifications-IDE to SATA or SATA to IDE) If not, what are the options, short of buying a Lightscribe Blue Ray drive?

Dell XPS 630i Nvidia 650i Sli mobo
Intel Core2 Q6600 (2.4GHz)
EVGA 450SC x2 in SLI
OCZ PC2-6400 (400MHz)x4
Seagate Barracuda 1.5TB+500GB(x2)
Pioneer BDR206
750 watt MAX PSU
W7 64 and Vista 32.

[ 1 post ] 

Board index » Dell Discussion and Support Forums » XPS 630i - Dell XPS 630i / XPS 630 Resource Collective » Resource Collective Discussion