Forum          FAQ

Board index » General Discussions » OS Issues and Questions » Windows Vista

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: windows blue screen - 0x0000001A (+no utility partition)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 12:38 pm 

Hi everybody... i've just bought a dell xps360i and i'm having some problems i don't know where to post... I am always getting windows blue screen 0x0000001A MEMORY_MANAGEMENT when i do things like copying files from an external hard disk or scanning my computer with AVG. Plus I lost the utility partition... I also get this blue screen during the instalation of vista from the cd when it checks my computer configuration... Please can someone help me??? Do i have to call Dell??? Won't they tell me to go to hell because i tried to desactivate the RAID on my hard disk and lost the utility partition?

Post subject: Re: windows blue screen - 0x0000001A (+no utility partition)
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:14 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Steam ID: billybigfoot
niklespam, welcome to the forum.

If you can't find a specific forum section to post your problem in you could try "Other" in either the "Dell XPS 630i / XPS 630" or "General Disscussions" sections.

As for your problem, personally I can't help other than to say as far as I'm aware as long as you are still within your warranty period Dell should still suport you, after all you've paid for it!

Post Posted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 4:20 pm 

thank you for your advice.... i've paid for it yes : i have the extended 3 years guarantee but my concern is that they will not help me saying its my fault i've lost the utility partition because of disabling the raid... anyway i'll call them during next week so that i could get a french operator. I had already the problem before formating but i assume they won't believe me...

Post Posted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:40 am 

OP, how much RAM do you have installed when trying to install VISTA? If it's more than 2 GB, then you'll have to remove your stick(s) to make is less than 2 GB and try again. After that you can install this patch: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929777 and install back RAM you took out previously. Good luck m8.

Post Posted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 11:14 pm 

any luck with the blue screen errors - i'm getting exactly the same and have tested ram and also swapped ram with know working ram to ensure it wasn't that.

Post Posted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:13 am 

I had the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT issue and all sorts of application crashes (primarily IE and Firefox but Prime95 x64 would also crash), and the ultimate fix was replacing the system board and after that the CPU. Yes you will have to call Dell to get this resolved, and be prepared to go through the "remove all ram, now install 1 stick in slot 1, test, rinse, repeat" process with the fine gentleman from Bangalore you speak with. Of course, if you've "already tried that" (*winkwinknudgenudge*)...might expedite getting the tech to you, and you off the phone quicker.

[ 6 posts ] 

Board index » General Discussions » OS Issues and Questions » Windows Vista