Forum          FAQ

Board index » General Discussions » OS Issues and Questions » Windows Vista

[ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Getting different types of blue screens...
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 12:21 am 

Hi guys..

I'm new one here. I've had my XPS 630 for a little bit over a year. I wanted a nice computer, heard good things about them and bit the bullet of the price tag. (Pretty high for being 18 at the time and out of my own pocket..)

Now, I've been having a little bit of problems lately, but the other day while on the internet playing a game, it froze, and restarted on its own.

I'm now getting several different types of blue screens at the login screen. I can only get onto my secondary profile under safe mode, then it'll freeze or go into a blue screen and restart itself.

One screen is: "IRQL_not_less_or_equal"
Another is: "Not enough adequate disk space"
Another is: "Page fault in non paged area"
Another was something about "Checking the video adapter"

Now, I don't even have enough time to really read through the entire screen, but this is what I could come up with. Being that I have a bum computer and can't even get into my profile, I have no idea how I'll be able to answer questions or transfer info.. I'm on a friends computer at the moment.

Does anyone know what any of this means? I'm not too computer informed, but i know a little bit... I'm just confused on whats happening. And upset that i spent so much money and it's already messed up after one year.

I'm not sure if I posted in the correct part of the forum... I appreciate any help.

Thanks!

The specs is just a stock type XPS 630.. The OS is Vista.

* EDIT * I am also getting (On boot up) a screen that says something about the floppy disks failing? Doesn't even have a floppy disk hard drive...

Post subject: Re: Getting different types of blue screens...
 Post Posted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:08 am 

Faulty hardware, a buggy system service, antivirus software, and a corrupted NTFS volume can all generate this type of error can cause some of these errors. Have you changed or added any hardware lately?

When you start up the pc, can you press f12 I think it is and get into dell diagnostics? Also, get a can of air and clean out the inside of your pc and make sure it is clean in case you might be overheating.

It's possible you might have some faulty ram. Can you get into the bios setup? You should be able to disable the floppy drive in there.

See if you can run the dell diagnostics and report back what you get.

Do you still have your Dell Warranty?

Kevin

8 GB of Corsair Ram
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate
Soundblaster Audigy 2ZS
EVGA GTX 660 Ti SC
and other standard stuff :D

Post Posted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:58 pm 

Hi Kevin,

I got the floppy disk screen fixed.

F12 I believe is System Setup. I'm not to sure what "Bios" is..

Thanks for your help.

- Nick

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:04 am 

I also pulled out 1 ram stick and ran it, got the same different screens. Slow to boot, ect.

(I read that pulling one ram stick at a time was a way to eliminate problems. Hopefully that was safe)

Post Posted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:11 am 

Steam ID: scvrazoray27
Google.com. BIOS. Feeling lucky = The BIOS software is built into the PC, and is the first code run by a PC when powered on ('boot firmware'). The primary function of the BIOS is to load and start an operating system. When the PC starts up, the first job for the BIOS is to initialize and identify system devices such as the video display card, keyboard and mouse, hard disk, CD/DVD drive and other hardware. The BIOS then locates software held on a peripheral device (designated as a 'boot device'), such as a hard disk or a CD, and loads and executes that software, giving it control of the PC.[2] This process is known as booting, or booting up, which is short for bootstrapping.

[ 5 posts ] 

Board index » General Discussions » OS Issues and Questions » Windows Vista