Forum          FAQ

Board index » General Discussions » OS Issues and Questions » Windows Vista

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: 630i not booting
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 1:56 am 

Newbie here, I'm not overly technically minded, so please don't be too harsh on me. Great site you've got here. Apologies, if this has been previously covered. Had my 630 about 14 months.

A week ago, it decided to crash and then refused to boot past the Microsoft Corporation loading logo on Windows Vista (32), with a black screen remaining indefinitely. System repair ran the following time and could not fix the problem, but it still would not boot. I retried System Repair probably five times after that. I managed to boot in Safe Mode, but it still wouldn't boot normally. I then did two System Restores, neither worked. I turned off the machine and gave up for a while, tried it half an hour or so later and it worked, it's been fine since until this evening and the problem has returned.

I believe it might be a driver problem as I've had one or two problems with one a while back, but I thought the problem had gone.

Everything is backed up, I have my Vista CD, but would prefer not to go through the time consuming hassle of reinstalling Vista if it’s something that’s resolvable. I'd also rather not involve Dell as I suspect that'll be a time consuming and frustrating experience.

Any help greatly appreciated, thanks! :)

Post subject: Re: 630i not booting
 Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 2:30 pm 

Hey Russ,

Welcome to the forums, lots of info here. I know extactly what you're going though as I had the same issue just last weekend. Since you have everything backed up I would reinstall your operating system, this is the only fix that I know works. I had XP 32 bit and had a very sim situation, I tried doing a windows repair twice to no avail. Luckily, I had my info backed up so I did a reinstall and its back to normal, sort off ( takes a while to get all my games installed)

My 2cents

Dean

W7 64bit Pro / Coolermaster 212+

Post Posted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:05 pm 

Thanks for that Dean, appreciated. I will look into doing it next weekend.

Although it booted fine when I tried it this morning, something is clearly not right and I can't really afford to have a temperamental PC.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:16 am 

I got a weird problem today.

Yesterday i have shut down my PC before sleeping and today morning when i started it, the system is not booting.

The LED on Mobo display shows 88. and system does not boot.

My Config:

xfx 630i 7100
xfx 880GT alphodog 512mb
4 GB transcend @ 800 mhz
core 2 duo @ 2.8 Ghz
500 watt smps.
seagate 320 sata HD

Things I have tried.:
- tried all different parts @ different time and restarted(processor was never removed)
- tried to reset the bios by changing the pin on the mobo for 10 secs
- restart/poweroff/shutdown, removing ram,- none worked
- tried with just processor and one 2gb ram - :-(

any one faced/know this problem and solved it?

[ 4 posts ] 

Board index » General Discussions » OS Issues and Questions » Windows Vista