Forum          FAQ

Board index » General Discussions » Hardware/System Reviews

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Asus Z87-C
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 1:06 pm 

Steam ID: CFabbrini
Hey everyone. I first must say this web site is awesome. I bought my xps 630i back in august of 2008. so I upgraded my motherboard this past weekend. I got an Asus Z87-C from tiger-direct. had to re-wire with the front panel switch, which was no problem. however the grpahics card did not spin, and there was no signal from the monitor when i did VGA, DVI or HDMI. so my friend and I hooked back up the dell motherboard, and now it works fine. so im guessing I got a bad motherboard. if some one can verify this that would be great. I did buy a new 750W power supply, so it has the Corsair CX750M and the Asus did the samething. please let me know. because then I need to contact tiger direct and have them ship me a new mobo. Thanks again!! The new specs for the computer was:
CPU: Intel I3 Core - 4330
MOBO: Asus Z87-C
Memory: 2x ADATA PREMIER SERIES 4GB DDR3 1333MHZ DESKTOP
Power Supply: Corsair: CX750M
Graphics: Nivida GeForece GT 260.

Thanks again guys, looking forward to hearing from you.

Post subject: Re: Asus Z87-C
 Post Posted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:18 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Welcome to the forum! I'm no hardware guru, but from what you describe, I would suspect the motherboard as well, and call Tiger Direct to get a replacement. You were wise to get a new power supply to go with it--be sure to mention that fact when you call TD customer service.

Dell XPS 8700 | Core i7 4770 3.4GHz | BIOS A11 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 Sniper 1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC | Dell S2340M 23" IPS LED | Seasonic 650W M12II-650 | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | ASUS DRW-24B1ST | Logitech G100S | Dell SK-8135 keyboard | Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

[ 2 posts ] 

Board index » General Discussions » Hardware/System Reviews