Forum          FAQ

Board index » General Discussions » Hardware/System Reviews

[ 3 posts ] 
 Post subject: overclocking and nvidia control panel
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:49 pm 

Hi.
I followed the excellent overclocking threads here and now have my 630i running happily at 3.00ghz. I wanted to continue and use the Nvidia control panel to extend the overclock to 3.2ghz but I don't appear to have it.
My machine has the nvidia chipset and I'm sure I had the it in the past (three years ago), but it's nowhere to be found.
I can download the package from Nvidia but as I have two ATI cards, would I need to run the whole package (and probably mess something up as I don't have an Nvidia card), or can I just install the control panel?
As it happens I will, in the near future, be buying a couple of GTX 660's that I saw mentioned in another thread so I have one further question. Will they work in my machine or would I need some sort of BIOS update, as I seem to remember something about DELL machines being a bit awkard when it comes to upgrading.
Sorry for asking so many questions at once but I want to make sure I get things right, and I don't want my next post to be "How do I put out a fire in an XPS 630i?"

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: overclocking and nvidia control panel
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:37 pm 

I did what I should have done in the first place and found the information was already here on the forum. All problems solved.
This place is a mine of information.

Post subject: Re: overclocking and nvidia control panel
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:39 pm 
Board Moderator
Board Moderator

Glad you were able to find what you were looking for--there really is a ton of stuff here; just a matter of time to do some digging. :) YouTube has some very helpful video as well for overclocking (though mostly newer i5/i7-based boards).

Dell XPS 8700 | Core i7 4770 3.4GHz | BIOS A11 | Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 | 16GB G.SKILL DDR3 Sniper 1600MHz | EVGA GeForce GTX 970 SC | Dell S2340M 23" IPS LED | Seasonic 650W M12II-650 | Samsung SSD 850 EVO 1TB | Toshiba DT01ACA100 1TB | ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 | ASUS DRW-24B1ST | Logitech G100S | Dell SK-8135 keyboard | Logitech Cordless Rumblepad 2

[ 3 posts ] 

Board index » General Discussions » Hardware/System Reviews