Forum          FAQ

Board index » General Discussions » Hardware/System Reviews

[ 1 post ] 
 Post subject: XPS630i Hackintosh build???
 Post Posted: Tue Feb 05, 2013 3:59 pm 

I am ready to begin buying components to upgrade my XPS630i and was wondering if anyone here has built a "Hackintosh" in their XPS630i case.

I don't know if I have already screwed myself, by purchasing a Radeon HD 7850 video card, but if I have, I can use that video card in my AmigaOne X1000 and get a different video card for my Hackintosh build.

I figure if I am going to upgrade my XPS630i with all new internals, I might as well make it into a dual-boot, or triple-boot system with Win7 & MacOSX, or Win7, MacOSX & one or more flavors of Linux.

I want to buy components that will be relevant for at least a few years into the future, which was my thinking when I paid the extra money to purchase my XPS730 (which kept dying and Dell finally convinced me to replace with my current XPS630i. That was one of the very few times I have purchased an extended warranty and was very lucky that I did).

If anyone here has prior experience building any Hackintosh computer and can offer any advice or assistance, I would greatly appreciate it. Specially if you did it in the XPS630i case.

[ 1 post ] 

Board index » General Discussions » Hardware/System Reviews